Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ultimate sling by specialty outdoors

Re: ultimate sling by specialty outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by bcsteve View Post
    It is the same as the outdoors speciality one. I have one and I like it. But if you don't like the stretchy Butler Creek neoprene sling you'll probably won't like this one either. It has a very similar feel to it.
    Nope I disagree slings are not even comparable in my opinion I used to have the butler creek ones and was never happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Everett View Post
    Nope I disagree slings are not even comparable in my opinion I used to have the butler creek ones and was never happy.
    Ok, I guess we have different opinions. I was also using the Butler Creek before switching to the speciality outdoor one. It may not as stretchy as the Butler Creek but pretty close. It definitely has some stretch to it which is the quality that makes it comfortable and your rifle feel lighter.

I just ordered one directly from their site $52.24 can shipped to my door.

interesting talking about slings, I just made 2 out of paracord. you just never know when you need extra rope ! it fits the shoulder nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Everett View Post
    I currently have 9 of them best sling on the market
    Hi Everett, how to you feel about the sizing issue as mentioned previously in this thread? I am 6'2 220lbs, I did note in your link later that they longer/thicker diameter for the big fella's. Thanks for that link as I too am fed up with the butler creek neoprene.

I'm with Everett on this one. Matter of fact, Everett was the convincing force in my purchase as he recommended this sling long time past. Of course you buy it on line and in my case, it was a happy transaction. There is more to the sling than what the marketing dude demonstrated. I don't have 9, only two which I interchange between rifles. Never have had a problem with the screws.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Linksman313 View Post
    Hi Everett, how to you feel about the sizing issue as mentioned previously in this thread? I am 6'2 220lbs, I did note in your link later that they longer/thicker diameter for the big fella's. Thanks for that link as I too am fed up with the butler creek neoprene.
    I am 5:11 175lb and the regular works fine for me I think the regular should work for you as well.

xcaribooer...If you google the website you will see they have a different version also ..I have both ..They dont bounce on your shoulder either..The Ultimate sling might be alright but dont know if they bounce or not ...I know that I wouldn't go back to a conventional sling if you paid me ...Dennis

I'm 6' 235 lbs and found the regular size too tight to be able to use the sling like shoulder straps, to keep hands free for climbing...the regular size fits fine otherwise, the larger size fits great as shoulder straps

perhaps they (slogan) recently figured out how a retail business works, but my first 2 orders were not happy transactions...I only order them from brownells now, won't deal direct again

I'd have to agree they are one of the better slings out there, very comfortable and tough, I like how the hug the shoulder, don't slip off...I forgot I had one laying buried in my truck box, was there for about a year through the winter and rubber didn't crack
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Thanks for the info BRvalley, will take that into consideration.