Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ultimate sling by specialty outdoors

Re: ultimate sling by specialty outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by xcaribooer View Post
    I just ordered one directly from their site $52.24 can shipped to my door.
    Hmm they wanted over 77 bucks CDN to my door had it shipped to my US address for 60 cdn
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

[QUOTE=BigD_83;1872338]I have one but have limited use with it. I find my rifle sits comfortably, and the rubber helps the rifle stay put when slung over a single shoulder or while wearing a pack. I have experienced minimal bounce when walking.

The option to go to two shoulders when not carrying a pack works seamlessly, but one might find it a tad tight if one is very large through the back and shoulders. I'm pretty average sized at 5'10" and 170lbs.

One thing I have found so far is that the screws attaching the swivels to the stock work themselves loose over time. A little Lock-Tite might be needed to keep that sorted.

If I was to write a review this would be my exact opinion so I'll save you the double read lol. Overall I recommend it and below is a link to it on sale in the states. On the opticsplanet website there is a 10% off coupon and the company is out of oregon so no tax. If you pay tax (not duty) at the boarder than at least you only paid tax once just as u would if purchased in canada.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/slogan-...lip-black.html

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    Hmm they wanted over 77 bucks CDN to my door had it shipped to my US address for 60 cdn

just got an email on my order saying they want another $7us ($10cdn) for intl shipping on top of the $52cdn so now its up to $62cdn. I just hope I don't get another charge for duty on delivery..

Won't be duty if it is made in the states. And I find that anything under $100 usually sails through customs with out being nailed the 12% Tax.

They havn't contacted me yet with a price increase. (yet) Paid $57.43 Cdn
    Description Unit price Qty Amount
    1. Ultimate Rifle and Shotgun Sling (Qty 1) $42.45 USD 1 $42.45 USD

Subtotal $42.45 USD
    [COLOR=#333333 !important]Total[/COLOR] $42.45 USD
    [COLOR=#333333 !important]Payment[/COLOR] $42.45 USD
    From amount $57.43 CAD
    To amount $42.45 USD
    Exchange rate: 1 Canadian Dollar = 0.739173 U.S. Dollars

After the dust settled it was $66.71 cdn delivered to my door
    I'm pretty happy with it, the quality looks good. if anything it is a bit heavy being made of rubber but well worth it if it doesn't slide off your shoulder all day

Got mine as well looks good.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Just ordered one of the Ultimate Rifle straps directly from Specialty Outdoors, no issues and was delivered USPS in a week. Appears to do everything discussed in the video. Only negative is that the material needs to out gas a bit, their website says to stretch the material to minimize the odor. If it was made in Canada it would be even better!

Have this sling and love it. Did the same deal as 4Pointer91 and it arrived super quick. never again do I have to adjust my rifle on one shoulder and the double shoulder (pack) works great. I'd advise this sling to anyone who's sick of their rifle sliding off their shoulder.

How maleable does the rubber stay in cold freezing weather?

I have this sling and it is awesome..best on the market imo. Love the double strap and flip over the single strap over my head when in challenging terrain to ensure rifle doesn't come off. The strap doesn't fall off your shoulder like leather straps do and it stays malleable during cold weather.
    Live to Hunt...