Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ultimate sling by specialty outdoors

ultimate sling by specialty outdoors

http://www.specialtyoutdoorproducts.com/
    can anyone comment on these from experience? Are there any retailers in Canada that sell them??
    Epay has them but by the time you pay exchange and shipping its not worth it

2. Site Sponsor

Re: ultimate sling by specialty outdoors

I have one but have limited use with it. I find my rifle sits comfortably, and the rubber helps the rifle stay put when slung over a single shoulder or while wearing a pack. I have experienced minimal bounce when walking.

The option to go to two shoulders when not carrying a pack works seamlessly, but one might find it a tad tight if one is very large through the back and shoulders. I'm pretty average sized at 5'10" and 170lbs.

One thing I have found so far is that the screws attaching the swivels to the stock work themselves loose over time. A little Lock-Tite might be needed to keep that sorted.

The only place to buy, as far as I was able to find out, is through their website or at gun shows. If you have a mail service at Sumas, US shipping is/was free, and you can make a day out of doing something else on the other side. As you say, the only thing that might kill it right now is the US/CDN exchange. I think the USD was 1.25 CDN when I bought, but it was worth it.

A few years back I bought a sling by Quakerboy called the " Hush Stalker"...Its a rubber sling that really makes leather slings obsolete..The rifle stays put on your shoulder and is very comfortable..Anyway google Quakeinc.com..Also after buying it I noticed a year or so later almost everyones hunting shows on Wild Tv were using these slings ..Must of been good to take off like that...Check it out ..Hope this doesn't derail your thread ..Just trying to show a similar product..Dennis

I guess any no slip rubber sling would be good, I do like the idea of the narrow profile of the ultimate over the wider pad of the hush stalker though. I don't think it would make a lot of difference at the end of the day as long as it wasn't constantly feeling like it was going to slide off.

Have used the specialty outdoors for several years now. They're good, looking to buy another in the next four or five months.

I currently have 9 of them best sling on the market

Quote Originally Posted by Everett View Post
    I currently have 9 of them best sling on the market

where do you buy them?

These are the slings I am planning on purchasing in the near future (look very similar). Non-slip, narrow slings fit nicely between my neck and pack shoulder straps (can't stand leather or nylon cobra style or the wide stretchy/bouncy neoprene slings).

http://www.sloganoutdoors.com/products.html
    As long as there's carbon in the air, there's hope!

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser View Post
    These are the slings I am planning on purchasing in the near future (look very similar). Non-slip, narrow slings fit nicely between my neck and pack shoulder straps (can't stand leather or nylon cobra style or the wide stretchy/bouncy neoprene slings).

It is the same as the outdoors speciality one. I have one and I like it. But if you don't like the stretchy Butler Creek neoprene sling you'll probably won't like this one either. It has a very similar feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by xcaribooer View Post
    where do you buy them?