Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anypne pack 2 rifles? opinions?

Re: Does anypne pack 2 rifles? opinions?

I used to carry two rifles all the time, but now I'll only have two rifles when I'm hunting from a vehicle, quad, rhino or bike.
    When I'm stalking through the woods looking for bigger game, Grouse and other smaller critters get a pass, don't want to announce my presence to any deer, elk or other large tasty animals.

I just picked up my Henry camo .22 survival rifle, this will be a perfect second rifle while hunting from a electric fat tire Bike next season.

The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

I have a Hammond Game Getter insert for my 300 Win. Certainly will get you a grouse or rabbit out to 30 yds or so. Very light to pack and easy to use. Available for most hunting calibers . Certainly saves packing a second rifle for small game. Buy blanks at the hardware store (used in power nailers) . Couple of u-tube vids on it.

Pack the Lakefield .22 in the truck but stays there when out on foot

Quote Originally Posted by boblly1 View Post
    i thought all this time that it was illegal to carry two rifles at the same time shotgun and rifle was ok. i guess it`s true learn some thing new every day
    So Im curious who told you that because Ive heard this atleast a dozen times and still cant figure out why people are under the impression that I couldent bring 4 rifles and no pack if it suited me there is no regulation and probably won't ever be about being able to carry multiple firearms. Im not trying to be critical Im just intristed on where the concept comes from.

On a hunting trip i always take my main 270 win.as well as a 7mm-08 for backup and a 20 gauge for chickens. But i don`t carry them all in the field usually carry a wrist rocket in the field for other critters.

Quote Originally Posted by 604Stalker View Post
    So Im curious who told you that because Ive heard this atleast a dozen times and still cant figure out why people are under the impression that I couldent bring 4 rifles and no pack if it suited me there is no regulation and probably won't ever be about being able to carry multiple firearms. Im not trying to be critical Im just intristed on where the concept comes from.
    It sounds ridiculous, as do several Canadian firearms laws. But I'm almost certain I read something along the lines of there being a limit on how many firearms can be carried while hunting. Can't seem to dig it up though...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

So I did find this in the unlawful section but I would asume its pretty much never used

"for a licensed hunter to carry or possess more than one firearm unless each extra firearm is cased or securely wrapped and tied."

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    This is how I roll. However my buddy carries a super small 410, single shot break action yildiz...very light and compact.
    These things are the cats ass, they take up no space when folded,and weighs next to nothing, they can also be had for around $200 bucks , a worthwhile investment IMO.

we had one of them yildez to. great gun for so cheep, dont see them around anymore. think buddy paid 170- for his at wholesale

always go with my hi cal and a 410 or .22