Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Does anypne pack 2 rifles? opinions?

Re: Does anypne pack 2 rifles? opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    Dude. Did you seriously quote a regulation from Newfoundland?

I cannot find the same reg in the BC regs and an internet search of the term only turns up a regulation from Nfld.
    Hahah damn google I wrote in bc in the search and when I saw a .gov site I assumed that it was a canada regs thing. Apperently only in. NL... Fill your boots bring 6 rifles. Al is right

finaly got mine to load up. and ya. i dont see anything in ours about that either

I have a folding Chiappa Double Badger that, if I'm going a ways in, I might throw in the pack to have with me for grouse or rabbits (I have the .22 over .410).

Whether I'd take it with me on a walk would really depend on what the goal of the walk was, to be honest. Usually will just have it in the vehicle in case shooting a grouse or a rabbit is desired.

I packed around a .22 savage single shot youth model. I believe it was called a rascal or little rascal? it comes with a bright plastic stock that I painted over but it would fire the semi sonic .22 rounds very accurately and weights very little. its short so I strap it outside to my packand had no issues at all with it, managed to take some grouse on our mountain hunt this year which was a very nice changed to our diet lol

ya buddy has one of them for the kids..savage rascal. they should fire the slow ammo ok, its usualy in semi auto for issues. isnt enough spent gas to eject them in semi auto.
    those sure have gone up in price now. think buddy paid about 170 when they fist came out, 220 now at cabelas and some even asking up to 300 now..lol.

Chiappa little badger, under 3lbs folds up to 16 ish inches, I put a red dot on it, paracorded the skeleton butt stock integrated a loop into it so I can attach it to a pack and loop the barrel so it stays folded, put a pouch on it for survival stuff, take it pack frame hunting with me, I use the cci lr's in 710fps nice and quite or the 20grain lr's for close range

I have the second rifle (308 win) in the truck together with 22-250. A few years back, I felt while hunting in the bush and knock off a scope on my 9.3x62mm. I was hunting elk alone and scope was not good anymore. I had to drive back to Saskatoon to get my 308. I lost evening and morning hunt. Learnt the hard way. When I hunt I have only one rifle on me, but always spare waiting for me in the truck.

When on foot I only have 1 rifle. Quad or truck I have usually have 22 or shotgun. Late season hunts I only bring big game guns. It's all business late season. Lol.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

And I've heard of that rule about only 1 gun but only for migratory birds. Not sure if it's true though as I don't hunt ducks or geese yet.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

I cannot imagine why any serious hunter would ever pack two guns, the alternatives are so available and easy. When, I started, most guys I knew had "30 cal" rifles and .303Brits. were the usual beginners or casual hunter's only gun. Many now would scoff, but, one of the guys I learned from was the late Joe Guibault of the BCF&W and he was the 1967/68 Bisley World Champion.

If, you had ever seen Inspector Joe shoot, you would NEVER mock the old .303 and some of these old warriors would shoot under 2" at 100 yds, all we needed to collect meat, which was all we cared about. We had the old Marble's doodads, that allowed a person to shoot a .32ACP in a "30" cal. and once you knew your rifle well, you would shoot a grouse at the bottom of the neck, done, dead, no pellets in the breast.

Now, however and from 1974, I use a combo. gun, my first was a Valmet .308Win.x12 and it was scoped. I sold that and in 1989, my wife bought me a Miroku-Browning in the same chamberings and it is a GEM, shot many grouse and a few deer with it. This, is the real answer and I also have a Merkel drilling I never seem to use now, Gary Flach, did some fine custom work on this, a 9.3x74r and 12 ga.

However, I don't shoot grouse when seriously hunting elk, deer, etc. but, have beheaded quite a few in evenings walking back to my base camp. That said, good .338WM or .300WM and a gun like my Browning combo O/U would be an ideal combo for about any BC hunting I can envision.