Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Does anypne pack 2 rifles? opinions?

Re: Does anypne pack 2 rifles? opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by 604Stalker View Post
    So I did find this in the unlawful section but I would asume its pretty much never used

"for a licensed hunter to carry or possess more than one firearm unless each extra firearm is cased or securely wrapped and tied."
    i wonder if that means more along the lines of multiple large cal rifles..like a 270 and 30-06, i dont see a need to have all them out ready to shoot.
    maybe with 1 hi cal, and a .2, or 410 is fine?..ive been stopped and never said anything to us before.

securely wrapped and tied...lol, nice legal deffinitions..lol. glad we dont need a pretty pink bow on it to

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    It sounds ridiculous, as do several Canadian firearms laws. But I'm almost certain I read something along the lines of there being a limit on how many firearms can be carried while hunting. Can't seem to dig it up though...
    I believe there is a limit while waterfowl hunting. That might be what you're thinking.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

What I quoted is from the government website. It is specifically stated in thr regs that you cannot use morw than one shotty while waterfowl hunting. Like I said Im sure only a dink would call you on it but after some digging its there lol bonz I quoted it didn't write the thing. Seems silly till you think of how some people would be running around carrying 2 loaded rifles with one in the pipe of each running through the bush like john rambo after a rabbit.

i said people run around with 2 loaded rifles? didnt say anything about loaded rifles. i know you didnt write that and got from web page. not sure where ya got that idea from..lol
    was more if i had my 30-06 on my lap in truck. and others lying on back seat. i dont see any need to be walking around with more than 1. didnt realize i had to lock it up and tie it..not even sure what they mean by tying it up..lol

Hahaha yeah it seems a bit odd that its worded that way. I was refering to what could happend not something you said. Funny though I usally have a shotty next to my rifle in the truck I wonder if you could be ticketed as it leaves it pretty open by its wording.

Quote Originally Posted by 604Stalker View Post
    So I did find this in the unlawful section but I would asume its pretty much never used

"for a licensed hunter to carry or possess more than one firearm unless each extra firearm is cased or securely wrapped and tied."
    Dude. Did you seriously quote a regulation from Newfoundland?

I cannot find the same reg in the BC regs and an internet search of the term only turns up a regulation from Nfld.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Depends if it is a serious hunt or pretty casual. If I am hunting 4 legged meat and really MUST close the deal, there is no distraction with small game so nothing but the appropriate centerfire is with me. Tight timber gets the 1886 45-70, open spaces gets the Rem700 7mmRM. No extra noises allowed... I have been known to get pretty pissy with partners that drag their feet, snap twigs or even crunch gravel when there is a soft moss footfall available. When the game is on, you are silent - period. I make a wide berth around any chickens so they don't flush and give me away... but those damn squirrels.... this season, I am going into my good spots a week or two prior with the .22 cal and kill as many of those chatter boxes as I can....

I even drive past chickens on the main roads (and scare them off with the vehicle) when we are intent on covering ground or getting to our spots for first and last light... I only shoot chickens on the road between 10am and 2pm otw to/from camp for lunch and/or nap...

My dad used to carry a really sweet old .22cal 8" barrel revolver in his pack for the occasional time when we would break the code of silence... I try to set a better example for my kids and adhere to the regs.

I used to throw the old H&R 28 gauge takedown in the pack, just in case... but found I was just lugging it around and never using it for the reasons stated above. Now I don't bother - saves space and weight as well as wear n tear since I restored it.

i cant even get our regs to load for me last couple days. click on it and the pdf just spins then crashes my whole system..lol been that way for a while at my end

A distance memory now, but when I could strap on a pack and grab "Charlene", my Remington BDL 300 Mag with a real nice wood stock and 9 shell's on the butt end and a 4x12 Leopold sit'in on top, that rifle weighted twice what my T-3 300 weights now. I always wore a knife belt with 10 rounds, two knives, a Nor Mark axe, about a 20 Lb pack, water, 2 beer, food etc, the though of grabbing another rifle was simply suicide in my shape! And the only times I'd miss bring a 22 was when I ran into a bunch of blue grouse, man some of those birds are big! The though even crossed my mind a few times to drill a hole through Charlene's real nice stock and bolt on bloody golf cart wheels!! Only got that idea as I was walking back to the truck, which looked like a match head in the distance, and usually up bloody hill! Still have Charlene, all re blued, stock refinished, dents steamed out and a hand rubbed finish, she looks good for a old lady! So No, didn't pack 2 rifles unless it was to the shooting bench!