Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anypne pack 2 rifles? opinions?

Re: Does anypne pack 2 rifles? opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    Packing a light 22 would be great if we were allowed to use a suppressor. Shooting a few big blues while out hunting for big game would be great.
    Wife and I always have a little Rascal in the truck or on the ATV. You can get subsonic ammunition or Cee bee. They make very little noise and work wonderful on grouse. Hummm...grouse.

I've hiked around with a henry survival rifle in my pack in addition to whatever rifle I'm carrying at the time. I've even done this on short duration mountain hunts. The henry survival rifle only weights about 3lbs or something like that, and it's accurate enough.

99% of the grouse I see are sitting on the road..

When I am hunting deer or elk, any chickens I see get a pass.
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

I always have my 20 gauge and 30-06, whether quadding or hiking. Too many wasted opportunities when carrying only one or the other.
    Huntin, fishin, and lovin every day.

Buddy i hunt with has a 30-06 shell that you put a hilti .22blank in the bottom and then a ball of lead in the neck. Shoots right out of your rifle. They make them in all calibres Pretty cool but only close distances

I keep a rascal strapped to my pack, and a pack of CCI quiets in my pocket. Works dandy, doesn't weigh much, and grouse are delicious. I actually missed one just before walking around the corner and shooting this guy.

I was actually about to strap it back onto the pack when I saw him, so it's not on the pack in the picture.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Same as most others... I have always packed my .22 in the truck, with some subsonic ammo and got a few grouse when I see them close to the road, but never carry two guns.

Savage Rascal with subsonics! You could probably work a leg holster up and it's as loud as a rock falling at the side of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by boblly1 View Post
    i thought all this time that it was illegal to carry two rifles at the same time shotgun and rifle was ok. i guess it`s true learn some thing new every day
    Why would you think it was illegal? Pack as many nr as you want!

When I'm bear hunting I usually carry my stub 12 gauge coach gun and have the 338 mag on a sling on my back. The coach has bird shot in it. If I see a grouse I can take it. If I come across a bear close I put 3" slugs in. If it's a ways away I use the 338 mag. I sometimes if lucky have another person that carries the bag when I do this. Or the second gun. Sometimes if I'm deer hunting I'll take my 308 win and break down my stub 12 gauge and throw it in the bag. Always feel safer with the double barrel with two slugs in it then with any rifle.