Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anypne pack 2 rifles? opinions?

Re: Does anypne pack 2 rifles? opinions?

Debated on getting a kids single shot 22 for the 2nd rifle small and light

Be nice if we could pack .22 handguns legally

I keep a 22 in the truck or on the SXS but I only carry the 300 WinMag when in the bush. When I used to hunt bears with a bow, I would carry a gun when tracking the bear after the bow shot.

I like the idea of a good hunting sling shot while packing the gun. Gives you the sense of bow hunting while rifle hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by bacon_overlord View Post
    I was thinking of taking a second rifle for small game next fall, as well as my 7mm plas-tikka. I don't want to be an arsenal and look like I'm in Call of Duty, so was considering something like the chiappa badger. Can fold or break down and fit in a day pack, moderately accurate, and light.
    I have a cooey 60 w scope, which is a bit clunky to pack along, expecially without a sling on it.
    I don't really want to use a shotgun for large game, mainly cause I don't have one set up for it and, have already invested time and money in getting good with a rifle.

What do others on here do?
    Thoughts on backup. 22s?
    Thanks alot!
    The problem arises when you see a big game animal you would like to put in the freezer. Depending on the proximity you are to the animal it is a lot of movement to put one rifle down and then to shoulder the other rifle. To even sling one of the rifles over your shoulder and then try to get your big rifle up is a lot of movement. I think you might be carrying one rifle after viewing a fair amount of pink eye. If you really enjoy hunting either or at the same time an over and under might be a fair consideration.
    Last edited by Walksalot; 01-22-2017 at 04:18 PM.

I've carried a 10-22 around while hunting mostly to try it out, and got a few chickens on my hike out back to the truck, after a day of not seeing anything sure makes it fun to zap a few chickens on the way out and strap Em to the pack haha!

Always have a .22 when in the Jeep or on the quad.
    On some overnight (or longer) hunts I've brought along my Henry survival rifle.
    Nice and light, and easy to throw in the pack, but I've yet to find its favorite diet....

Quote Originally Posted by monasheemountainman View Post
    when I'm packing out hunting for elk, deer, moose whatever, I couldn't care less about shooting chickens, but always have one in the truck
    This is how I roll. However my buddy carries a super small 410, single shot break action yildiz...very light and compact.
    KCCO

i thought all this time that it was illegal to carry two rifles at the same time shotgun and rifle was ok. i guess it`s true learn some thing new every day

Hammond game getters work good, also shells loaded with light charges of pistol powder and sized buckshot.
    Proud member of the fringe minority!