Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shotgun Hunting regs

Re: Shotgun Hunting regs

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    I'd like to know where limiting a magazine originated from.

There is a limit on how many animals you can take, why limit how fast you can take them?

I'm betting its from the rich guys, with some pull, back in the day with their fancy side by sides that got out shot by average Joes with pumps and magazine fed guns. The beginning of political correctness, limiting everyone to the lowest common denominator, cause someones feeling got hurt.

If anyone knows the real answer, I'd love to hear it!
    Game/"sportsmen" clubs back in the day felt that it was not within their definition of "sporting" to use more shells when higher capacity guns such as the Winchester 1897 and subsequently Model 12 (as two examples) hit the market.

The idea originates with antis within our midst. It also has quite a bit to do with the banning of market Hunting (same with the idea to not allow the use of shotguns larger than 10 gauge). It is the so called "sportsmen" who try to impose their personal sense of ethics on others. Now it is just more anti Shotgun rigamarole from the powers that be today. Their idea is/was to lower harvest by reducing the amount of animals that can be taken from any given flock at a time to make the filling of a bag limit more difficult. This idea does not hold water as higher cap just means more chances to miss! Maybe they thought it was cut down on wounding losses, sky busting and flock shooting instead of picking out individual birds to shoot. These are rationalizations on their ideas and arguments I've heard from proponents of such regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan View Post
    Hello, I was reading through the hunting regulations of BC, and i thought i saw that it said you can only use a shotgun that fires 2 rounds, is this only for curtain game? or it it just for semi auto repeating firearms? thanks
    Pg17:
    says if hunting with shot, it has to have a mag cap of 2. This means you can also have one in the chamber, to make it a total of 3. ( shot)
    If you are hunting big game, you can have a high cap mag with slugs only ( single projectile).

So, if yo take your 7 round 12g and shoot a grouse with it, you can be in trouble.
    If you have a semi auto its capped at 5.

scratching your head yet??
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts

More scraching,,sorry off topic...but if driver is crusing horst car on HOV lane ..and get stopped by cop...because only driver,,,,, he is pointing back to his ' cold customer ' at the back of the car,,,,is he get fined ,,or not..cheers fG
    Last edited by finngun; 01-23-2017 at 10:53 AM.

are saying there is a problem with undertakers using a full coffin to get around the HOV restrictions...sneaky buggers