Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shotgun Hunting regs

Shotgun Hunting regs

Hello, I was reading through the hunting regulations of BC, and i thought i saw that it said you can only use a shotgun that fires 2 rounds, is this only for curtain game? or it it just for semi auto repeating firearms? thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Shotgun Hunting regs

It's in the unlawful section, I believe if you are using any kind of shot it must be plugged to 2 rounds in the mag (+1 chambered) but if using slugs only you are exempt from this.

Curtains, blinds.....lol

russm86 gave you the same answer I would've;

Other than to add for schedule C animals(crows in particular), I was told by a CO that a magazine could be unplugged. This is word of mouth though, and might not have any weight.

I received the same information as noted above from the BC COS.

Schedule C or any other purpose than Hunting of Game species that require a BC Hunting license is no capacity limits by the Province. Waterfowl is Federal. BC says that Schedule C species are not considered as included in their definition of "Hunting" as such does not require a Hunting license.

Otherwise, for any and all Game species in BC while using ammunition that meets their definition of shot - ammunition that is manufactured so as to contain 8 or more roughly spherical projectiles - must hold no more than two in the magazine, three total capacity. Things like Ghost loading and/or ammunition that doesn't meet the definition of shot is legally nebulous.

My (be it unsolicited) opinion is that this is basically just anti-shotgun bigotry by BC. There's a lot of that. No shortage of ridiculous regulations in this Province!

So I can fill my semi auto with slugs to hunt deer or blackies that's news. And great news at that

hmm..first ive heard shcedule c isnt concidred a hunt, rabbit hunting..isnt hunting? way i was taught, if it doesnt say ys, you can do this, or that. then its illegal, basicly way i was taught. everything is illegal,the regs are our book of expemptions basicly.
    not saying you guys are wrong. just goes opposite what ive been taught, and never heard that before

Bonz, that sounds like backwards thinking, laws are controlling not allowances
    The regs has a big section of 'it is unlawful' ,
    This discussion goes way back to the spear hunting days.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Off topic but is spear hunting allowed still in bc?

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Bonz, that sounds like backwards thinking, laws are controlling not allowances
    The regs has a big section of 'it is unlawful' ,
    This discussion goes way back to the spear hunting days.
    yes i realize its backward thinking. but for most if it, it fits and makes sence...along with that unlawfull to section. i read them that way and if i have a concern that fit that, i call my co that will be busting me in whatever area to get that 1 co`s view. not a co from a diff unit, he wont be the guy nailing you with his interpretation of regs..they all seem to read it diff also lol

Page 14 defines what can be hunted under Schedule C without a licence, rabbits not listed
    Schedule C requires a hunting licence for the most part
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole