Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Poachers caught.

Re: Poachers caught.

If you don't like the way it's being reported - educate the reporter. A quick search shows she is a fairly well educated journalist with some experience from the big city who moved to the Okanagan to follow her career and drink wine: http://carmenweld.com/

Experience has taught me that most media types are eager to make contacts that will help them get air time or print space and can be very good allies when needing to get a message out. Most have little or no knowledge of hunting/fishing practices or issues, but can be educated very easily. Takes time and some patience but usually pays off well. Educate her on the difference between a hunter and a poacher. Having her on side with the hunters/anglers in the Okanagan would be more beneficial that pissing and moaning over her choice of words. Like we need another opponent?

ive contacted a couple over the years on info they report and is 100% dead wrong. not once did i get a responce back. not saying this girl is same, but they thrive and do the reports intentionaly sometimes to drive attention and get ratings, and a raise, again, not saying is the care here.

Perhaps just maybe.....the poachers involved actually felt remorse for the wrongdoing and decided to face the authorities and co-operate rather than just run away. That's what he hunters are taught when going through the CORE program, if you make an "honest" mistake, own up to it. I find it hard to believe however that an honest mistake was made here in killing the cow moose.

On the other hand, maybe we have some FN hunters here that killed this moose accidentally or unwittingly on private land like I mentioned earlier, and they are honest enough to admit their fault. More details need to be known here.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

hunters are taught not to poach before other in our core though. didnt care on that biggy lol

No charges laid at this time....we will see what happens

hey how the heck ya know this time of the year is it cow or bull...unless ya check the balls mistakes can be happen
    yea yea there was real mistake whole shooting..no hunters thou..lock them up,,throw keys away..

Quote Originally Posted by cmac View Post
    I really have a problem with the article stating they were hunters. People who shoot animals unlawfully out of season are poachers. That is terrible reporting.
    I agree...

Ok, I learned some more info today on this incident.

The people who shot the moose shot it from their yard when it came onto their acreage. It was witnessed by their neighbor, who immediately called it in. For some reason they went to talk to the neighbor shortly after, that is when he informed them the authorities were on their way. These people supposedly moved here from Alberta a number of months ago.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""