Thread: Shot a Greenhead mallard with band

Shot a Greenhead mallard with band

This morning duck decoy hunting with my buddy I shot a banded greenie. Have not shot a banded duck for a least 4 years. Enter into the USW service and it was banded in 08/18 2007.
    Hatched in 2006 or earlier.
    Location 41 SW PILOT STA WADE HAMPTON census area Alaska.

First time I went out since about 7 weeks. Got our limits of mallards and 4 pintails and widgeon quite quick.

Thats 16 duck bands and 5 Canada geese bands for me in 47 years of waterfowl hunting.
    "Nothing kills a Deere faster than Magnum .....CaseIH."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Shot a Greenhead mallard with band

Congrats on the band. None for me this year......yet.
    WSSBC Life Member
    CCFR

Originally PM'd from stixnstones:
    "wheres your pics of this deer? if he is a good one. i will pay u to tell me where he lives? cash for christmas. let me know. thanks"

Congrats

5 years and still waiting for my first....

last year, end of the season and last mallard to make a 3 man limit a single drake comes in cupped hard. About to get up and I tell buddy beside me "you go ahead take him..."

boom duck down. Other friend goes to retrieve with his new Springer pup and he says oh your going to like this one... banded Anchorage in 08 I believe it was. crap... lol
    Last edited by Gone_Fishin_; 01-20-2017 at 09:49 AM. Reason: typo

Congrats on the jewelry Sako75!!, it is becoming more and more rare to get a banded Greenhead. My brother has waterfowled for many years prior to my introduction and has collected a couple. He got them when the gov't would send you a certificate with band number and origin and has the cert's framed in the his man cave. He actually had one of the Mallards mounted with the band on, looks great. We had noticed way more banded geese even a couple money bands or so we suspected (double banded, one on each leg) over our last few seasons on the LM before moving out. I too am still waiting for my first.

That's awesome! That duck had put on some miles over the years!

Thanks for sharing!

Yes, I am surprised that greenhead survived a least 10 years or more of hunting season.

Yeah, now duck season is over time to hunt for some steelheads for next 4 months.
    "Nothing kills a Deere faster than Magnum .....CaseIH."

also shot a banded green head last week hatched prior to 2014 only came from merrit..

Really Merritt, that greenie had a short flight ,but so did the other 15 that day

guest Guest

I also shot a mallard in sexy Surrey and had a 2014 band on it ....... Shot in 2015 ...... Merritt banding also.