Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matrix 380

Re: Matrix 380

nog has good info on the crossbows/.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
    nog has good info on the crossbows/.
    Would you get a 355 or the 380 is now the question ? shooting elk and moose .. if there really going to be that much impact power difference between the two . . Saving weight is big factor I want a new crossbow Bad !.
    " Never tell me the Odds "

Thumbs up Re: Matrix 380

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN TOP SNIPER View Post
    Would you get a 355 or the 380 is now the question ? shooting elk and moose .. if there really going to be that much impact power difference between the two . . Saving weight is big factor I want a new crossbow Bad !.
    Yes, there WILL be a noticeable difference in the kinetic energy delivered on target (impact power if you will) between the two. I have shot both, and the 355 if like shooting say a 270, while the 380 is more like a 7mm mag. There is also a rather noticeable flatter trajectory with the heavier bow that belies the 25 fps difference.

The extra power of the 380 comes at very little cost. It weighs 1/2 pound more than the 255.
    And while slightly tougher to cock, I find zero issues doing so at damn near 60 years of age.

If I had to decide all over again, and even with their new bows in the line-up, I would go with the Matrix 380 all over again.
    It very much is All That!

Good luck on your selection.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Yes, there WILL be a noticeable difference in the kinetic energy delivered on target (impact power if you will) between the two. I have shot both, and the 355 if like shooting say a 270, while the 380 is more like a 7mm mag. There is also a rather noticeable flatter trajectory with the heavier bow that belies the 25 fps difference.

The extra power of the 380 comes at very little cost. It weighs 1/2 pound more than the 255.
    And while slightly tougher to cock, I find zero issues doing so at damn near 60 years of age.

If I had to decide all over again, and even with their new bows in the line-up, I would go with the Matrix 380 all over again.
    It very much is All That!

Good luck on your selection.

Cheers,
    Nog
    Ya i will take your advice for sure.. one thing i do want to change out is the scope and then i will need a good sling . was it you that had that sweet custom sling ? my arms are long too . so if there a stock entender that you know of ? .. also i would like to message you for all the string order info . when i do i fact pick this bow up . i should have bought on last year when WWS had them on sale . as soon as i find one on sale im getting it i have waited long enough .

Thumbs up Re: Matrix 380

Ya i will take your advice for sure...
    I believe you will be rather pleased with that decision.

was it you that had that sweet custom sling ? my arms are long too . so if there a stock entender that you know of ? .. also i would like to message you for all the string order info . when i do i fact pick this bow up...
    Yes, you are likely referring to the custom sling I had made for my 380:

Excalibur does indeed make a stock x-tender in both camo & black.

Shoot me a pm any time. I will send along the custom string maker's contact info, and likely answer most questions that you may have.

Cheers & Welcome to The Insanity!
    Nog

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    I believe you will be rather pleased with that decision.

Yes, you are likely referring to the custom sling I had made for my 380:

Excalibur does indeed make a stock x-tender in both camo & black.

Shoot me a pm any time. I will send along the custom string maker's contact info, and likely answer most questions that you may have.

Cheers & Welcome to The Insanity!
    Nog
    Hell ya i love that . so did he have to measure you up for it .or does one size fit all ? . also do you have any info to share on the Nikon bolt xr scope i see from other post you have something different and they dont make it anymore.. that figures !.. lol.

Hell ya i love that . so did he have to measure you up for it .or does one size fit all ? . also do you have any info to share on the Nikon bolt xr scope i see from other post you have something different and they dont make it anymore.. that figures !.. lol.
    is it adjustable ? doesnt look like it .

Arrow Re: Matrix 380

Hell ya i love that . so did he have to measure you up for it .or does one size fit all ? .
    You have to do the measurements yourself, and then he makes the sling based on that. It is not adjustable.

also do you have any info to share on the Nikon bolt xr scope i see from other post you have something different and they dont make it anymore.. that figures !.. lol.
    I went with the Hawke XB 30 Compact.
    Reason being I did not want to go with an HHA, and still wanted crosshairs that went to 100 yards.
    I do not know why they discontinued this scope, it is Excellent IMO.
    Hawke's XB 30 (full size) does offer the same reticle, and most that use it are happy.

No experience with Nikons. But there is a world of good advise available on the Excalibur Forum:

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2/index.php

Bunch of great Folks there, and a hell of a lot less drama than most other sites I know of.

Cheers,
    Nog

Guess he got to Know me

Ok thank you once Again . Hope your new year goes well .

Wow that's a nice gun