Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for shot coyotes you won't use

Looking for shot coyotes you won't use

Just a girl making up a project this winter - I need another 18 or so pelts- I've gotten pretty good at tanning - I'll drive out and pick up any coyotes you happen to shoot (I'm in Delta in the lower mainland)

(Or wolves or anything - though I'm not sure anyone would love to give me one)

Please let me know! I'd be so so grateful

(... and Id rather that you were going to shoot them anyway and not do much to them - like they were eating someones live stock or something - instead of just shooting them for me - more of using pelts that wouldn't be than harvesting new - as a conscience thing)

Thanks!
    Last edited by Riven; 01-28-2017 at 12:33 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Looking for shot coyotes you won't use

What is your project? I'm curious

18 pelts?

Sounds like a queen size Coyote blanket.

I have some rabbit skins if you need trim.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

I have 3 hanging in the lean-to right now. It was all going great, but then I ended the day with a miss.....

I was going to drive them out to a trapper buddy I know tomorrow.

I'm in the Caribou, so I don't think I can get them to you easily?

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    I have 3 hanging in the lean-to right now. It was all going great, but then I ended the day with a miss.....

I was going to drive them out to a trapper buddy I know tomorrow.

I'm in the Caribou, so I don't think I can get them to you easily?

Aw darn I don't think I have any buddies out there coming this way right now. Thanks though that's real kind of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    I have some rabbit skins if you need trim.
    I would absolutly love them - that would be lovely on the top or even on the boots I'm putting together
    me with when and where is nicest for me to come by maybe

Haha yep I'm making up a nice big blanket - I have enough for a little throw right now.

Your blanket would be even better, Riven, if you took up the call and got out after some Coyotes! Get you some.

Look, any Coyote you don't shoot is not going to pass away gently surrounded by family and friends under the care of its physician with a steady morphine drip. No. Not even close...
    They will; however, suffer through what is most likely to be an extremely excruciating death via starvation: disease, exposure, some horrible injury or perhaps even being eaten alive by other members of their own species or another type of animal.

You can surely believe that taking these beasties yourself and doing ALL the work to earn your blanket will only serve to make it much warmer and more beautiful.

Best of luck!

You're right if I hunted and processed the whole deal on my own I could feel more pride in the finished project

Gota say though - the very kind guys that have given me their hunts so far and the farmers that have shot them protecting their flocks - have served me very well thus far.

If I had time for the hunt on top of university id go for it - but really I have hunt or tan to choose from in my life right now - and I've met some great people so far through making use of what they've enjoyed hunting.

Im also from out of Provence so hunting is a little trickier for me - and probably the trickiest I don't have a rifle right now. But don't think I haven't been hunting and don't love shooting.

Lastly I'm really rather hippy about this. I light candles and say thank you for the coyotes hides and all. I know that probably seems out there.

In any any case I continue my request all winter if anyone shoots one and doesn't need it please call me up it'll go to a loving home
    Last edited by Riven; 01-24-2017 at 08:14 PM.