Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Youth's Hunting ( Licenses )

Re: Youth's Hunting ( Licenses )

yes, all bows are under archery, this is what i did, wast so confident id get my firearm licence, so i took my core. passed with 1 wrong, bought my bow in the mean time and learned how to us it roper, by last light i was out hunting with my bow, monday after passing class on sunday, went in to bcwf and gov agent to get all my paper submited. to anxious to wait for slow mail...lol
    stuck to my archery only for 3-4 years till i went or my pal course.
    just have to learn min poundage draw of bows to be legal to hunt, its all in the books.

assuming your doing the online, as we see in your other posts, kinda hard to ask questions with no teachers around. not sure how much time they are willing to spend when you go for hands on final in person, being the get paid squat now with it going online.

http://www.bclaws.ca/Recon/document/...01#section17.1

Section 17 deals with this. Read this before you get yourself into trouble with a CO.

3/4 of a degree North of 60, and a little west of 135

Pretty straight forward:

A person under 18 years of age commits an offence if the person hunts unless the person is accompanied by and under the close personal supervision of a person who(a) is 18 years of age or older,
    Note that it says "HUNTS", not hunts with a firearm

Once you are 10 or older, and complete your CORE, get your F&W ID number then you can hold your own license and tags... BUT, until you turn 18, you have to hunt with some one who is 18 or older, bow or rifle, who also legally holds a licence.

RC

doesnt need to be with anyone with a bow, its not a firearm

Yes he does... the reg says HUNT. The Firearms Act and the Wildlife Act are too different things.

RC

im an archer and it is not a firearm. its fully legal other wise alot have been breaking that law then, ive been stopped by co and no mention of it
    the law does not say you cant hunt till your adult age, its about firearms only

post up the law your reading please

and sorry my example was the best. i was adult wit no pal when i started in bow hunting, ive yet to see it say a youth with his own core cant bow hunt on his own. just the firearm part
    Last edited by Bonz; 01-25-2017 at 09:59 PM.

if i found what you read, thats firearm las

Firearm Regulations

As a resident of the British Columbia, you need a Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC) or the new federal firearms licence (PAL or POL) in order to legally possess firearms in B.C.
    If you do not own a firearm and your hunting partner lends you a firearm, as long as he or she provides direct and immediate supervision, you may hunt with that firearm. The person supervising will need a federal firearms licence.
    Youth (ages 10 to 18 inclusive) who participate in hunting in B.C. must be accompanied by an adult (18 years or older) who holds a valid hunting licence. Under the Wildlife Act, “accompanied” means:

• Remain in the company of the other person
    • Able to see the other person without the aid of any device other than ordinary corrective lenses
    • Able to communicate by unamplified voice with that person

post up the law your reading please
    Here you go:

BC Wildlife Act (NOT the Firearms Reg's)

Hunting and trapping

11 (1) A person who hunts wildlife commits an offence unless the person holds all of the following:
    (a) a hunting licence issued to the person under this Act;
    (b) any limited entry hunting authorization that is required by regulation;
    (c) any other licence that is required by regulation;
    (d) any other permit that is required by regulation.
    (1.1) Subsection (1) does not apply to a person under 18 years of age on whose behalf the parent or guardian holds a hunting licence.
    (2) A person must not issue a hunting licence for a person under 10 years of age.
    (3) and (4) [Repealed 2003-90-24.]
    (5) A person under 18 years of age commits an offence if the person hunts unless the person is accompanied by and under the close personal supervision of a person who
    (a) is 18 years of age or older,
    (b) holds a hunting licence, other than an initiation hunting licence, or is exempted from holding a hunting licence, and
    (c) meets the prescribed qualifications.
    Have a look at 11(5)... note what it says. This is NOT the Firearm Reg's it is the WILDLIFE ACT. As mentioned earlier TWO DIFFERENT things. You just said that you've been stopped but were not under 18, so not a problem. If the OP IS under 18 and he is stopped, it could be a problem, depending on the CO.

If you are bowhunting, 18 or over, then no PAL required, just a legal hunting license and tags (if applicable).

Is this clearer?

RC
    Last edited by Tuffcity; 01-25-2017 at 10:20 PM.

odd, why have a youth licence and tags then if they cant go on their own

Hunting and licences

11 (1) A person who hunts wildlife commits an offence unless the person holds all of the following:

(a) a hunting licence issued to the person under this Act;

(1.1) Subsection (1) does not apply to a person under 18 years of age on whose behalf the parent or guardian holds a hunting licence.
    (2) A person must not issue a hunting licence for a person under 10 years of age.
    (5) A person under 18 years of age commits an offence if the person hunts unless the person is accompanied by and under the close personal supervision of a person who
    ( b) holds a hunting licence, other than an initiation hunting licence, or is exempted from holding a hunting licence, and

( c) meets the prescribed qualifications.
    ( b) holds a hunting licence, other than an initiation hunting licence, or is exempted from holding a hunting licence, and
    ( c) meets the prescribed qualifications.