Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online CORE

Online CORE

Hello, I am wondering if there is anyone who has taken the CORE online before? I am just wondering if its any good to try. I'm usually not available on the days the CORE courses are being done, so i hope this will be a good alternative. Also, is this valid for only a curtain time? Do I have to re-do the course ever again? Please respond with any helpful feedback! Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Online CORE

the online is only part of the class. after you pas that, you still need to book to do the hands on in class rooms

and once you pass, its for life. no renewals for hunter number. only for firearm renewals

I did fhe online course, no problem passing the written test. Did the firearms course before the CORE. Practical test was part of firearms course so did not have to do it again for CORE.

for me that firearm handling portion of the core took about 10 min of my time. isnt hard at all, real basic obvious saftey things

Considering the cost of the "on line" course I would suggest getting a manual and reading it through, ($15-$20) then get a copy of one of the regulation booklets (free) and see the various sections and what type of information they have for the hunter. Get someone that owns some firearms to show you about firearms and ammunition as well as you handling them by the ACTS and PROVE system. (free) Them challenge the exam. (up to $50 but often less)

^ What Alec said.

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Considering the cost of the "on line" course I would suggest getting a manual and reading it through, ($15-$20) then get a copy of one of the regulation booklets (free) and see the various sections and what type of information they have for the hunter. Get someone that owns some firearms to show you about firearms and ammunition as well as you handling them by the ACTS and PROVE system. (free) Them challenge the exam. (up to $50 but often less)

Quote Originally Posted by markathome View Post
    ^ What Alec said.

x3, that's what I did too, very easy

I took the CORE course online. Great way of doing the course if you don't have time to sign up for a class. I past my written test no problem.

isnt the class timed to do online to so time wise is no different.