Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Locations Around Harrison Lake

Hunting Locations Around Harrison Lake

Hello, im a a new hunter to the area of harrison, and was wondering if anyone knows any good spots for ; Deer ( Mule and Whitetails ) , Grouse, coyote, and any other game animals.
    Any help would be great thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting Locations Around Harrison Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan View Post
    Hello, im a a new hunter to the area of harrison, and was wondering if anyone knows any good spots for ; Deer ( Mule and Whitetails ) , Grouse, coyote, and any other game animals.
    Any help would be great thanks
    Johnothan,
    Did you take the Core Course? Given your question in post 1 I suspect you did not. That would be your first step in entering the hunting fraternity.

As for where to hunt around Harrison, you will find blacktail deer along side any road in the region and even more in the clearcuts. Whitetail deer are according to some posters on here a mythical beast in Region 2 and in any case there is NOT an open season there for whitetail deer. There are grouse and bear out there in the same areas as the deer. The forested areas in general have fewer coyotes per square km than the farm land. On the other hand there are plenty of bobcats both east and west sides of the lake.
    Did

Hey bud welcome to the site and to the sport. My best advice about Harrison is to get out and explore it. Check google maps for an area that has cut blocks and go there. When you get there get out of your truck and start hiking the edges of the clearings and pay attention to a few things: poop, trails, type of feed (hint: look for willows and grass) nearby water sources and cover. You're a little too close to the coast for white tails and mule deer, you'll be hunting blacktail deer in that area so get into the timber. Remember, hunting is a year round activity. To be successful you'll want to start scouting as soon as you can. One last tip, if you show the more experienced hunters that you're putting in the effort, they'll be willing to give you advice.

Yeah, I am just about to take the CORE, and since Harrison is my local area, I thought I would try to get some input out ASAP so i would be ready when the time came. Thanks for the detailed description I will defidently check out some of the locations you have mentioned.

Once you get your Core your first opportunity in your local area will be Spring Bear. north/east/west Harrison lake are literally crawling with black bear,i find the best time to start hunting them is just after may 24th long weekend.
    Try to get up to the head of the lake along the lilloet river youll see some large bruins up in there

takla
    If it don't have a throttle,tits or a trigger I'm pretty much uninterested
    Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor in the future shall any of us cease to be.

being new to this, you`ll soon find the local valley hunts arent easy. real bussy in our areas with general outdoor people and noise. get away from them roads is my advice.
    chilliwack is another local area to look at.
    personaly ive yet to ever see any whitetail down here, even been onto herling where they transplanted some, and didnt see any. not saying their isnt, just not seen alot. most is blacktail then changes to mules around hope area.

lots of bears local though

as above said. put some effort into mapping and learning a bit, after you pass your class i may share some spots. usualy people will help once they see an effort first, lots do no work and just want hand outs of honey holes.

thanks for the helpful feedback Bonz!

If I recall correctly it seems that the one G/O territory is or was for sale recently. Weird hey.......

Quote Originally Posted by blackbart View Post
    If I recall correctly it seems that the one G/O territory is or was for sale recently. Weird hey.......
    ??..what do you mean, theirs more than 1 guide area local is their not? ive ran into a guy says he was a guide in the general area, with a client.

Someone actually paid for a guided hunting trip up Harrison?!