Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: shopping for range finder

Re: shopping for range finder

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    I've used the Vortex Ranger1000 & 1500 models, they work well and you can't beat the lifetime warranty which is unheard of on an electronic item
    Another plus for Vortex rangers. Their warranties can't be beat. The glass is amazing too. I've ranged trees as far as 1100yrds with my r1000

I hit a spruce tree with my Ranger 1500 @ 1300ish yards. I find I don't pack mine much when hunting so I did sell it, will just keep my old faithful Bushnell Elite 1600 for my ranging needs. The new model of this is the Bushnell Elite 1 mile. Bulky but flat out great for ranging

Last edited by todbartell; 01-18-2017 at 08:07 PM.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Leica 1600 B is the way to go, bought mine at Cabelas for $800 on sale but they come up on here fairly regular for about the same just be patient. They are in a different league.;
    'The bible says the end is coming soon, I hope I get my cabin built by then'
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

I've also got the Leopold 1200lrx or whatever. I'm not impressed. I've yet to get a reading beyond 900 or so. Seems to be restricted to around 450 on trees but I have hit 600sometbing once or twice.

Just bought a Nikon pro staff 7i. So far it is great. Ranges easily past 800 yards and on large solids out to 1300. For under 400 bucks I am very happy. Has all the features one really needs.

I'm satisfied with the Leopold 1200 true ballistic model I bought this summer.
    If I need to actually see something better than through the range finder I'm usually packing my 10x50 Ultravids anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewh View Post
    Leica was on sale a few months back... lots missed out including myself.

www.overstock.com Keep checking on them, I check daily as the lady at CS said they might go back on clearance.

CRF 1000-R for $299
    1600-B for $359
    Oh awesome thanks man!!!

Loving my Leupold RX1200TBRi.... I upgraded from a Bushnell scout 1000DX because I couldn't range an animal past 325 or so. Having no problems ranging (even during nasty weather) with my Leupold. Deer are no problem out to 700-750, and i've even ranged to about 1150 on a tree. I'd buy it again. I too wanted the Lieca Rangemaster 1600, but couldn't justify the price.
    Originally posted by MEATEATER
    If anyone says blacktails there lying no one can figure them out
    Hunt Hard, Hunt safe, Eat Well.

Check out the Sig Kilo 2000. Available from Cabelas USA for 349$ (462$ CDN) right now. The reviews are outstanding.

I hate to say it, but this is where the Vortex warranty is something not to be joked about. Hands down agreed with Mr. Bartell here. buy a set of vortex....
    Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    I've used the Vortex Ranger1000 & 1500 models, they work well and you can't beat the lifetime warranty which is unheard of on an electronic item
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.