Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: shopping for range finder

Re: shopping for range finder

Another two thumbs up for the Leica 1600B, it's a beaut.
    As also said the sig sauer kilo 2000 is really making some noise and priced well, no first hand experience with it yet...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Just don't buy a Leica 1600B for archery use. They only angle correct beyond 110 yards. I made that mistake when they first came out. The Leica 1000R is also slow to give the angle correction. I much prefer the top of the line Leupold with angle correction and instant readout.

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post
    I own a vortex ranger 1000, I'm lucky to hit 600 yards with it, on a good day. Wishing I woulda went with Leica.
    I own the same range finder. Can easily ping 850 yards on a solid object. Best I've done is 987 yards on a house up the side of the mountain from my buddies farm at Watcom road in Abby.

Maybe a lemon ?? I'd be emailing Vortex as mine works great, unless I lucked out....

Quote Originally Posted by Blockcaver View Post
    Just don't buy a Leica 1600B for archery use. They only angle correct beyond 110 yards. I made that mistake when they first came out. The Leica 1000R is also slow to give the angle correction. I much prefer the top of the line Leupold with angle correction and instant readout.
    Good to know thanks! I don't shoot archery as of yet, buying one for sheep hunting mostly but I'll use it for all my hunts of course

Quote Originally Posted by Gone_Fishin_ View Post
    I own the same range finder. Can easily ping 850 yards on a solid object. Best I've done is 987 yards on a house up the side of the mountain from my buddies farm at Watcom road in Abby.

Maybe a lemon ?? I'd be emailing Vortex as mine works great, unless I lucked out....
    yeah Iv often thought that it may be a dud, my binos are going back here after goat season, I'll probably send the ranger in as well. I never shoot further then 400'ish yards anyway, but for curiosity sake it's nice to range out to 1000 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by tinhorse View Post
    Just bought a Nikon pro staff 7i. So far it is great. Ranges easily past 800 yards and on large solids out to 1300. For under 400 bucks I am very happy. Has all the features one really needs.
    Picked the same one up in nov, works great. I got it on sale at Cabelas for around $300-325 with free shipping.

Hmm have the Leica..so far great..was $$$..however the optics are superb as is the ranging.warranty period is over.mine does not have angle compensation.
    Hmm with Todd.with this item warranty may be the biggest factor.
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by Pinewood View Post
    Check out the Sig Kilo 2000. Available from Cabelas USA for 349$ (462$ CDN) right now. The reviews are outstanding.
    This^^^
    Was gonna grab a Leica 1600, but guys are actually parking their Leica's in favour of the Sig.
    Price is definitely right and reviews are backing them and they've been out for a few years now.

Any one wanna buy a Leopold for whatever the kilo 2000 is going to cost me?

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmm have the Leica..so far great..was $$$..however the optics are superb as is the ranging.warranty period is over.mine does not have angle compensation.
    Hmm with Todd.with this item warranty may be the biggest factor.
    Srupp
    Thankx srupp, the few things that keep me looking into the SIG kilo is the leicas cost and warranty, but they are amazing so as of now my top pick, kilo mite steal the pick depending on warranty and reviews, would like to see one in person also, I have a hard time buying items I cant get my hands on first to feel the fit n finish/ quality of item