Thread: Can we clean up please?

Can we clean up please?

I was out yesterday for a last crack at ducks.

Found about two boxes of empty shot shells and beer cans scattered around that weren't there two weeks ago.

At lot of the water front places we hunt are visited by dog walkers, picnickers and others for most of the rest of the year.

Some of them might not care one way or the other, others might not be too sympathetic to hunters and some might be anti-hunting.

To leaves messes around like that just gives them more ammunition to attack us with.

Can't we just pick up empty shotshells after a day's hunt?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Can we clean up please?

Apparently, no.

I haven't been out much this season, but when I have, I have picked up a fair amount of spent shells etc. Fortunately, that trash was away from the easiest access, but it's still a poor showing on some people's parts.

Hoping to contribute by attending the Ladner clean up this Spring, if I'm in town.

Re: Can we clean up please?

Years ago I had a guy that i worked with that was always asking me to come duck hunting with him so one day i gave in and went.
    We got a few duck and at the end of the day I started picking up my empty shells . He looked at me and ask what i was doing ? I figured it was kind of obvious but i sad' picking up my empties" ? He reply why bother they are biodegradable !
    Needless to say that was my last trip out with him!