Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: A Bad Shot - Advice

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Re: A Bad Shot - Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    I would have just shot it again form 10 or 20 feet
    I agree with Brew, take your time and put a well placed shot in the back of the head where it meets the spine.

Have heard a few stories where guys run up to slit a deers throat and get hoofed, play it safe and always pack your gun and approach from behind.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

I put my knife belt and my compass on before I finish getting dressed in the morn...on my knife belt (buck and leatherman wave) I have a pouch with a few things I have "missed" over the years while hunting....10 extra shells to signal for help in an emergency, or as backup hunting ammo... I put them in a styro ammo holder (cut in half) and a pair of those 99 cent mini gloves to keep them quiet (with reliable radios now a days I could prolly reduce the number of spare shells by a few).......a pair of thick disposable gloves (gorilla brand) with TP in one and paper towel in the other....small first aid kit, small survival kit including multiple fire lighting devices and 2 flashlights.....I also carry a loop of 20 feet of good quality rope (5 mil kernmantle)...I just feel naked going into the bush without a compass, flashlight, knives, extra ammo and a good rope.....a set of radios has also become a very important bit of kit as well to me.....

Hmmmm..horn, hooves..rolling off a ledge with deer..or as i have seen on 2 separate ocasions as a Paramedic..Deer trashes around swinging knife blade into..deeply into hunter..the one gent almost bled to death..
    Use your rifle.
    Cheers
    Srupp