Thread: Benelli choke help

Benelli choke help

Hi,Can I use this Benelli extended choke for Kent 2#-BB# steel shot through Benelli super vinci shotgun ? It is safe for gun-barrel ?
    Thanks any help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 013705myz5ljycc0xm70yq.jpg  
    Last edited by popo; 01-17-2017 at 11:29 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Benelli choke help

It looks like Crio choke, so yes!

Yet don't take my word for it. Check with Trulock and see what they say. That constriction might just work out for you in those shot sizes - or it might be a nah and give terrible patterns... Testing required. It'll be safe to use provided that is in fact the Crio choke type which it appears to be in the picture up as of this writing.

I would check with Turlock but as mentioned it appears to be good to go.

When I bought my first trulock chokes I couldn't decide which would work in my franchi. I phoned the # on their we website and wouldn't you know George Trulock answered and straightened me out. I've been a can since.
    "I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six"

.700 is pretty tight light full choke,= lead ,might be a turkey choke I shoot nothing less than modified .715 with steel through my SBE and in fact .720 seems to be the best

I taken this extended choke from Benelli factory Web for duck pass shot,When I received it found it is a Improved Modified choke,Then my friends told to me steel shot can not through tighter than Modified choke,
    So I am very confused about this extended choke if safe with my Benelli super vinci gun-barrel use for 2#-BB# steel shot.
    Last edited by popo; 01-18-2017 at 11:29 AM.

Your friends' doing you a bamboozling. Trulock says anything up to IM (.700 in your case here popo) for the precision hunter/most of their OEM type tubes is fine for any size steel shot along with any other shot type - including the very hard/high density tungsten shot materials. There is also a super waterfowl choke that enables steel use in tighter constrictions.

Their "turkey" chokes are always way tighter than .700 like .665 to .680 usually. That said any choke you use to hunt Turkey's is a real Turkey choke and their are tons of options there! No need to overchoke and especially so if you are calling them into decoys from concealment! Yet such things are another thread unto themselves.

Check in with the mfg's if you're concerned, pattern your gun, have fun!
    Last edited by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham; 01-18-2017 at 10:01 PM. Reason: fixing spelling

I shoot an IM choke in my Beretta 391, I set my Polly choke on my M 12 at IM quite often and I have a A5 and 1100 fixed choke opened from full to IM. never an issue over the years shooting steel and I shoot lots. If it is the same thread pattern as your gun(it should be) you are good to go.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

thanks all replied,thank u!

I have contacted trulockchokes ,they told to me:
    The Pass choke is rated for number size (2,4, ect.) shot only. In the number size we recommend nothing faster than 1550 fps. It is not recommended for letter size shot.

My info says IM is .705 and lt Full is .700 but who can argue .05.My model 12's mic out .010 difference and there all Supposed to be full

There is no consensus on bore diameter or choke constriction among Shotgun and choke tube manufacturers. As in all ordinary commercial manufacturing (mass production or otherwise) there are +/- tolerances and variances that occur on top of that.
    Not that it makes a difference. "Full" is not a constriction, it is a result. Even what result constitutes "Full" or any other pattern results, as well as the methods for testing (though #of shot in a 30" circle at a measured 40 yards is standard to most) vary quite widely. For instance, you might say 75% of a load in a 30" circle at 40 yards is full whereas I may say 70%'s full and what you've got there is extra full. On and on it goes. Then there's always the great question - x% of what charge weight? How many shots for an average? What was the weather like, at what elevation? On and on and On it goes!

Look - patterns vary. Know where your gun shoots and what your selected load is likely to be doing in your gun. Then hit what you aim at and don't worry about all this screw choke nonsense! Enjoy them if you want to, but don't worry either way.

Ultimately, manufacturers know that people may have money but are generally hard pressed for time! Everyone wants to buy skill, yet this is not possible. It takes time and effort. So they sell you these tubes as panacea. Hence why I refer to choke tubes as modern day snakeoil, Shotgun style!