Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Which Hunting Pack should I buy?

Re: Which Hunting Pack should I buy?

I use the kifaru meat bags that sr80 is talking about. They work great for keeping the meat in an upright position. It would be cool if the pack had some internal straps to keep it close to the back of the pack better but if you pack right around the meat it will keep it close.
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

I'm a huge fan of my Barneys Freighter Frame and Yukon pack! I highly recommend to everyone, I've tried kuiu packs, Eberlestock packs, Badlands, tatonka frame and packs and so far the Barneys blows them out of the water, I couldn't stand the kuiu, nice and light but cheap ass, didn't hold up, badlands is a nice pack I kept it for a spare for friends etc. Check out barneys if you havent

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I use the kifaru meat bags that sr80 is talking about. They work great for keeping the meat in an upright position. It would be cool if the pack had some internal straps to keep it close to the back of the pack better but if you pack right around the meat it will keep it close.
    Those meat bags are sweet!! Haven't tried them yet, I'm currently using the TAG game bags, they are great too, keep their form don't stretch out like cheese cloth, work great with de-boned meat

What am I missing with the Barneys frame? They don't look any more comfortable than a Tatonka or the new style Cabela's freighter. Sure the bag might be superior to the other 2, but the bag does nothing for comfort.

I have the same needs as the OP and am looking at MR Cabinet Pack. I figure I could use a small dry bag on the meat shelf for rain gear, lunch etc. Can't seem to find any reviews on them though. Currently using a Slumberjack Rail Hauler frame with a dry bag.

Quote Originally Posted by the_longwalker View Post
    I have the same needs as the OP and am looking at MR Cabinet Pack. I figure I could use a small dry bag on the meat shelf for rain gear, lunch etc. Can't seem to find any reviews on them though. Currently using a Slumberjack Rail Hauler frame with a dry bag.
    They're bascially the mystery ranch crew cab. You'll find a billion reviews on the crew cab

Heck of a deal on a Stone Glacier Sky Archer 6200 in the classifieds. I don't know OnPoint at all, passing along what looks to be a good deal. Not helping promote OnPoint.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...m-hip-belt-550

Quote Originally Posted by Lastcar View Post
    Heck of a deal on a Stone Glacier Sky Archer 6200 in the classifieds. I don't know OnPoint at all, passing along what looks to be a good deal. Not helping promote OnPoint.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...m-hip-belt-550
    Yeah, but you've gotta be skinny...

Quote Originally Posted by AgSilver View Post
    Yeah, but you've gotta be skinny...
    You mean somewhat fit and healthy? Then, yes.

29 to 36 inches is the range. Now you have a goal for 2017!

Quote Originally Posted by Lastcar View Post
    You mean somewhat fit and healthy? Then, yes.

29 to 36 inches is the range. Now you have a goal for 2017!
    exactly! When I lost 50 lbs and did a few tris and a half marathon, i was still a 35. Big hips I guess.