Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Hunting Pack should I buy?

Re: Which Hunting Pack should I buy?

Quote Originally Posted by tjt2050 View Post
    Thanks everyone who had responded so far. It seems there isn't tons of consensus yet. What I'm reading is something like I may be able to get something less expensive than the top end bags if it fits me reasonably well, but it's hard to beat going to the top end for comfort and durability. Oh and the meat shelf is a big deal, and I must agree based on my use case. Love to hear more weigh ins. I live in greater Vancouver, so might mean some visits to stores to try things on.
    Load shelves suck balls. Buy a big enough bag to fit everything in.

What do you recommend then?

Thanks to those like AgSilver who have offered me to look at their packs, particularly for the ones you can't easily see at the store (i've had a few private offers as well) Really appreciated. When I get to the stage where I need to try some things out before I make a final decision, I will see if I can take some of those offers up.

Any other people feel load shelves don't really live up to the advertisements.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinewood View Post
    Save your pennies and buy an EXO 2200. Or 3500 and be ultra versatile.
    I have both and they're the best pack I have used
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I roll with an eberlestock j107 dragonfly.... couldnt be happier
    "Golf, what a waste of a perfectly good rifle range"

I'm the one sitting in the cut block glassing all the animals you spooked and didnt see because you dont get out of your truck

13yrs and counting in Canadian Oil & Gas...

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    I have both and they're the best pack I have used
    Hey Mark, other than being a cpl pounds lighter than a MR Nice frame and bag, they look quite similar, what are the main differences between the two or what makes the exo better ?

Thanks
    WF
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by RadHimself View Post
    I roll with an eberlestock j107 dragonfly.... couldnt be happier
    I've been eyeing that one myself, so I'm glad to hear that it's working for you. This year I used the Eberlestock H2 gunrunner for my day pack, and I'm very happy with it, but I'm not carrying anything bigger than a rabbit in it.
    A conservationist is an environmentalist with a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by tjt2050 View Post
    What do you recommend then?
    Doesn't matter the brand just don't go into a 10 day hunt with a 5000 ci pack and depend on a load shelf to get you out with an animal. I'm partial to kifaru but the stone glaciers look nice with a big bag.
    I've had a J107 and sheep hunted with it and it was bar non the worst experience I've had with a pack, a 10 lb ox would be a be a better option than the eberlestock.

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    Hey Mark, other than being a cpl pounds lighter than a MR Nice frame and bag, they look quite similar, what are the main differences between the two or what makes the exo better ?

Thanks
    WF
    I really liked my MR packs, used the NICE frame with Crew Cab for about five years as a daypack. Heavy, but comfortable and very durable. Didn't use the new guidelight frame MR stuff much, but did put some KM on the trail with the new Metcalf, it was good in all regards. I just prefer the Exo, nice thick lumbar pad, great waistbelt pockets which are easier to open one handed than my old MR NICE (new MR no waist pockets, boooooo), really like the stretchy stuff pockets on outside. New 2200 will be a great daypack that can haul meat, it has some real nice organization going on
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by 300rum700 View Post
    why do they suck?.