Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Which Hunting Pack should I buy?

Re: Which Hunting Pack should I buy?

Quote Originally Posted by AgSilver View Post
    exactly! When I lost 50 lbs and did a few tris and a half marathon, i was still a 35. Big hips I guess.
    Keep working at it, a svelt 33" waist could be in your future.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    Keep working at it, a svelt 33" waist could be in your future.
    I doubt it...I'd look anorexic. When I was down to a 35, a lot of people were saying that I was getting "too skinny" (whatever that means...maybe I'm just better suited to being doughy).

No way, my Dr says doughy is bad
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    No way, my Dr says doughy is bad
    He's right. Guess I'll try to get down into a smaller pack size!

exactly! When I lost 50 lbs and did a few tris and a half marathon, i was still a 35. Big hips I guess.
    Are you a Kardashian? That could explain it.

I recently lost the last 10lbs I needed to. Best weight savings I could make for backpacking into places.

Was a lot cheaper than spending a bunch of dough to shave ounces on gear. But I still do anyways...cause I have a problem. Addicted to shiny objects.

I doubt it...I'd look anorexic. When I was down to a 35, a lot of people were saying that I was getting "too skinny" (whatever that means...maybe I'm just better suited to being doughy).
    I hear ya AG, once you're down to bone, you're not getting any smaller. Mostly depends on how your body stores fat; as in "where". I'm a 36 waist, and in fairly decent shape, a 33 would take me back to grade 9 or 10 and I was NOT a fat kid.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    What am I missing with the Barneys frame? They don't look any more comfortable than a Tatonka or the new style Cabela's freighter. Sure the bag might be superior to the other 2, but the bag does nothing for comfort.
    Looks can be very deceiving, quality and durability with comfort, its also personnel preference, the padding on the shoulder straps have amazing cushion, straps don't loosen off during hiking etc... my waist is a 32 and with this pack a guy any smaller couldn't wear comfortably, I'm yet to try a Cabelas Frieghter with weight on it, a friend of mine has one and he cracked his frame, not sure of the pipe schedule on each of these frames, he also broke buckles in the winter and leaves it in his garage hung up for memories, not sure of the price comparison on these frames but im a firm believer you get what you pay for, buy once cry once sorta thing, sucks because im not made of money and its took a number of years to get the pack i wanted, but happy with my decision. Had my barneys out in -30 hiking around in snow etc and buckels on mine have held up so far, i did purchase a spare when i ordered the pack just encase!

-Backwoods
    Last edited by Backwoods; 01-28-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Thanks for the detailed response BR. I've never been much of an external frame guy, (Love my internals) save for a down and dirty meat hauler and possibly attaching a dry bag/day pack for a summit pursuit of a goat. I scooped a bare frame Cabelas for $130 on sale and it seems like a great freighter for the money, though I've only tested it to 60'ish lbs. The harness is fairly sound IMO, though I could see the waist buckle being an issue. If it gives me grief it'll get an upgrade or seatbelt conversion. I get the buying quality, I guess I just have a hard time looking at a "Camp Trails" pack at nearly MR/SG pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    Thanks for the detailed response BR. I've never been much of an external frame guy, (Love my internals) save for a down and dirty meat hauler and possibly attaching a dry bag/day pack for a summit pursuit of a goat. I scooped a bare frame Cabelas for $130 on sale and it seems like a great freighter for the money, though I've only tested it to 60'ish lbs. The harness is fairly sound IMO, though I could see the waist buckle being an issue. If it gives me grief it'll get an upgrade or seatbelt conversion. I get the buying quality, I guess I just have a hard time looking at a "Camp Trails" pack at nearly MR/SG pricing.
    Absolutely RiverOtter!! for that price that's wicked!! cant beat that! there are soo many packs I would love to try and purchase, its just not realistic, I also do like the internal frame packs, especially with all the newer packs coming out!!! it took me a bit to commit to the external frame!! best of luck on chasing Goats!~!

Go online and check out the back pack and day pack line offered by tactical 511. I have a Rush 24 for day pack. Exelent pack built to take a beating. And know one offers more exsessories for thier packs than tactical 511.