Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Youth first Mule buck

Youth first Mule buck

My son and I got this buck Oct-29-2016 It was his first Mule buck. We left at 6:00 A.M. When we arrive at the top, the fog rolled in so we decided to make a fire and roast some cheese and ham sandwiches. After about an hour by the fire we went for a walk around the front of the mountain to spot some opening but no luck still to much fog. I said lets go down lower on the mountain maybe we get out of the fog. Sure enough on the way down we slowly came out of the fog still about 1.5 hours from the truck I see this white patch in the trees about 90 yards out. I said to my son I think that it is a deer sure enough it a mule deer buck bedded down. We looked a him for about 20 min but he would not show us a side profile. I told my son to stay were he was at and I would crawl back up hill and may be he wold move his head so I could get a count. The buck stay focused on my son and yes hes was a 4 point. I crawled back down told him it was a shooter. He says to "Now I have the shakes dad". This buck is not going any where we pose no threat it is still laying and now I can also see as the fog drifts by 5 does to the left of him. I tell my son lets put the by-pod on the gun sneak up to this little knoll about 10 yards in front of us. We get up their I help him to line up the shot and tell him to shot the deer in the white patch just below his chin. He tells me he is to shaky. I go back get my jacket out of the pack crawl back to him set it under his arm and ask him how he feels he says nervous. I tell him take a big breath calm down this buck is clueless to what is going on. So now I am laying down with binos just down hill on his left hand side and behind him, he say he is good I hear the safety click of and with the crack of the shot the deer disappears from my binos I said you got him deer down. later on he tells me he seen head flip back through the scope. After unloading the gun we walk over to the buck perfect shot 1" left of center right through the neck and out the back of it's head the deer was a bit higher than we were. After some hugs and pics we spend the next 3 hours packing him out or shall I say me packing out his deer he packed the gun. The deer was shot with my mod 7 308 and 150 gr tsx bullets at 85 yards. I am so proud of him.
    [I
    MG][/IMG]

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Youth first Mule buck

Sweet! Nice first buck! Congrats to the young lad!

Awesome first buck! Congratulations to your son and you. Well done.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

Beauty first buck! Well done young man

Great share! Good on you young fella
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Great deer good job kid. And also good on you for teaching the next generation. Love to see young hunters starting up.

That's so cool you guys had success! Your boy is going to remember that forever. congrats to both of you
    My Video Camera = Panasonic HDC-SD90

My youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/markt308

That's a great first buck! Congrats.

tremendous, great that he shook the nerves and was able to make a great shot.
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

Nice buck and nice thread for the winter doldrums.