Thread: Rabbit in reg. 8-8 & 8-11

Rabbit in reg. 8-8 & 8-11

Hey!
    Has anyone hunted much for snowshoe hare around 8-8 or 8-11? If so, do you just drive the FSR? Hoping to head out this week for something to do. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Rabbit in reg. 8-8 & 8-11

Strap on your snowshoes and hit up the re-planted blocks about 10-15 years old I'm guessing...anywhere where you see lotsa track! If the FSR that you are travelling is plowed, and you are going during the regular work week, watch for logging trucks!

STILL getting the hang of it up here in 6-15. I find them in willow thickets. They just seem to appear like ghosts. . .

What time of day seems to work?
    "Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

- Hunter S. Thompson

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer’s cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

- George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Gumsehwah View Post
    STILL getting the hang of it up here in 6-15. I find them in willow thickets. They just seem to appear like ghosts. . .

What time of day seems to work?
    Right at dusk.

I always see them when I'm not looking for them. I've only shot two this year, and that has been when I'm packing it in for the evening.
    "Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

- Hunter S. Thompson

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer’s cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

- George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Gumsehwah View Post
    I always see them when I'm not looking for them. I've only shot two this year, and that has been when I'm packing it in for the evening.
    Don't feel to bad Gum, they are pretty hard to see this time of the year. Look for patchs of what looks like dirty white (greyish)mounds, as well as their eyes,they look black against a pure white snow background, they will usually stand still
    rightly confident in their camouflage. Stick to it, it won't be long before you become proficient at hunting them.

PM Hare Assasin as he is the go to guy on this subject,although I have not seen him round these parts lately?