Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on new bow?

Thoughts on new bow?

So I am starting to consider a new bow. Not interested in too many other options than the Hoyt Carbon Defiant Turbo and the Bowtech Reign 6. Ones lighter, maybe a few more "things" on the other. Not sure if the extra $$ on the Hoyt is well spent. Wish I could try em both at the same place but I live in a small town and thats not an option. Thoughts and reasons? Anyone?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Thoughts on new bow?

Hoyt has a specific small list of acceptable presses that won't void the warranty on the defiant bows. You live in a small town so you may want to ensure that someone near you has the capability to press it without voiding any warranty. Other than that I know one buddy that just got a Carbon Defiant for christmas and he loves it. I don't have any first hand experience with either bow tho sorry.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

I was looking at a defiant for my next bow but the 250 dollar US to upgrade my press turned me off.

I got the carbon spyder fx last year and love it! In the cold weather the carbon is worth the extra money. I would definitely find a turbo before you buy one because the draw feels different than the regular ones and not as forgiving in my opinion.

your gonna need the same press for each as they both are beyond parallel limbs

the Bowtech has nicer Cam system for versatility, however if you are relativity new to the archery game I would look at a 7" brace height instead of the 6" as the 7 is far more forgiving to form flaws

I like the Hoyt better however because I find the defiant Cams a tad smoother to pull and I am not caught up in the speed game, as well as the grip feels better in my hand, That said I hunt with an Older Hoyt "Turbo" model ... a fast miss is still a miss.
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

What are you shooting right now?
    Why are you thinking of buying a new bow?

I had a old bow from about 2004 I sold and bought a couple year old one for a decent price (compared to the newest ones at $1k +). If you're happy without the latest and greatest, you can save a few hundred $. Remember you are still slinging sticks, you want it to be easier, get an X-bow...
    Last edited by Omenator; 01-17-2017 at 07:59 PM.

Still thinking about this. My bow is a Bear Attack, 2011 I think. I almost bought a new Bear Escape last week, I like the Bear bows, I'm just waiting for my buddy to buy my old bow with the accessories to help fund a new one. I'm think the Hoyt is out of the equation for now, so Bear and Bowtech I'm thinking. Anyone have one these newer Bear bows? Wish I could look at APA also, just to look haha.

I'm also in the market for a new bow. A guy from work is an archery guru in my opinion and has steered me towards the Elite bows, specifically the Option 7.
    " Size doesn't matter 'til the freezer is full!" - Dad

" If you buy a new gun, I get a new kitchen!" - my lovely wife

Sako Finnlight 300 WSM
    Rem 700 CDL 25.06 Rem

I was in the market for a new Hoyt or Elite until I shot the Reign . Way nicer feeling bow and cheaper also. My last 15 bows were Elite except 2 Primes in that mix. Im glad I tried the Bowtech and looking now for a Reign 6 for my 3d rig.

I ordered a new Hoyt Carbon RX-1 32". Shot one last night at Boormans and put my deposit down before I left. Wow, amazing to shoot, I loved it.