Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Addition

Re: New Addition

Looks calm and content, congrats!!!
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Yah the father was fairly tall and the mom was normal size for a healer. She had five pups that were apparently way too big so all had to be born by cesarean.
    He is 11 weeks in the picture and weighed in at 28 pounds.
    Hoping that he will be somewhere in between the parents in size but likely will be more like the father.
    He will primarily be company and security for the wife when I am out of town.
    He has already shown some spunk when there was a couple kids in the ally and the dogs behind us were barking.
    He shot out of his bed and ran to the back door and when I let him out he continued down the stairs and ran to the corner of the garage speaking his mind.
    He was raised in the barn on a sheep ranch and both parents and his aunt are working dogs for it.
    He has been use to sleeping in the barn at night while dad and aunt are up all night chasing away coyotes. Mom apparently takes the day shift.
    Promoting the sport of Archery and Bowhunting
    NCCP and IBEF Certification

Custom Knives and Game Calls

Quote....."Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid"........John Wayne
    Quote....."It is far better to be alone than in bad company"........ George Washington

Thought I would give you all an update.
    He loves it outside no matter the weather and sometimes just wants out to sit or lay down on the deck.
    I have some elk bones I boiled up and some antler sheds that he is wild about
    Since we got him six weeks ago, he has gained 16 pounds is quite diligent in making sure he is aware of everything that is going on around the house and property.
    Also has never had any accidents in the house and makes sure that he lets us know when he needs out no matter the time of day.
    He is a great companion for the wife when I am away working and makes things feel secure around the place even at this young age.

Quote....."Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid"........John Wayne
    Quote....."It is far better to be alone than in bad company"........ George Washington

Looks like you made the right call in getting this new pup.

He's a good looking guy and with his lineage should be just what you and your wife are needing.
    Finland is a neutral country - but the guns point to the east.

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

Handsome pup !! Sounds like a great fit for your needs
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

As you no doubt know, herding/guardian breeds need a job. Jax will definitely keep intruders at a distance. He looks like a great companion! Congrats!

May update?? How's the pup developing?

he is 6 1/2 months old now and is fitting in pretty well.
    Getting to be a big boy at just over 60 pounds and still growing.
    Bigger than his mother the Healer but not quite the size of his Great Pyrenees father.
    Guards the house and property when needed which is a bonus as I drive for a living and am not home for a couple weeks at a time

One of his favorite spots

Congrats on the pup brotha!!!!

Watching closely Roy.
    He looks intelligent and the protection aspect of a 60 pound dog can't be overlooked.great call on this choice.
    He IS a keeper .
    Congrads
    Steven