Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okanagan Wolf Sightings

Okanagan Wolf Sightings

Hi guys, new to the Okanagan area and avid wolf hunter. I moved from the Williston Lake area between PG and Chetwynd where we have super packs and encounter wolves at least once a week. This winter I have walked, scouted, and kept my ears open in town for talk of sightings or recent kills. But with no prevail. Not looking for your den just looking for a road I could start on or a general area. Any sightings, tracks or scat you've seen this winter would be greatly appreciated.
    SBP

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Okanagan Wolf Sightings

Aberdeen lake area is a good place to start....they are real sneaky around there

I've heard they are more on the east side of the lake......my buddy got a shot off but missed on one in 8-14 last year..I have heard a pack on the west side of the big pond only once, but have heard reports they're around..God I hope not..

Head up aberdean, king eddy, harris creek, heckman creek, out around cherryville

lots of them out that way

out around douglas lake ranch, mellin lake there are a few packs roaming around

monte lake/creek
    george fsr
    monte-glimpse fsr
    "Golf, what a waste of a perfectly good rifle range"

I'm the one sitting in the cut block glassing all the animals you spooked and didnt see because you dont get out of your truck

13yrs and counting in Canadian Oil & Gas...

Quote Originally Posted by RadHimself View Post

out around douglas lake ranch, mellin lake there are a few packs roaming around

1 less as of november
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Good spot to check is north of the race track up the 201 on the way to idabel lake. It's moose winter range.

Were a lot of wolves rotating through there a couple years ago.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    Good spot to check is north of the race track up the 201 on the way to idabel lake. It's moose winter range.

Were a lot of wolves rotating through there a couple years ago.
    2 or 4 legged wolfs ?????
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Cherryville area for sure. They are picking off a guy's hounds up there so there has to be a few around.

Lumby,,i have seen huge timber wolf there,,,was too fast..maybe next time

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    2 or 4 legged wolfs ?????
    4 last time we checked

Mandela