Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sone Glacier Xcurve Frame

Re: New Sone Glacier Xcurve Frame

Quote Originally Posted by Lastcar View Post
    Can no one take a joke in this thread?

Jesus, are BgBlkDg and I the only two left with a sense of humour in this joint?

No one can hold the line like SR80. Dude is tenacious. You should grind like he does. We all should.
    discussing packs is very serious business lol

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    MR will be increasing prices for 2017 and that's why GR is more than before. Rampart also lists the pack as a 2016 model. They might get in trouble for advertising MR packs at old pricing - maybe, not sure how close MR watches their dealers

$900 doesn't buy much these days so if a guy can afford it, and wants an item that he thinks will/does work for him, why not drop the cash. I sold my 2011 MR Nice frame with 6500 bag, Metcalf & Crewcab bags and bought the 2016 MR Guidelight framed Marshall, Metcalf, and Pintler. Also grabbed a Exo Mtn 3500 to compare to the new MR. I really like the new MR stuff but LOVED the Exo, so sold all the MR stuff this fall and feedback from the guys who I sold to said it has performed great. Exo's larget pack, about 7000 cuin, and 5lbs4oz with frame, is $600USD. That's gonna run a guy about $1000CAD amd work every penny, for me

I'd spend that on a SG if that was what I wanted. I've spent $500 on a Badlands Ox and it was junk

aren't they allowed to sell a pack for whatever they want? I imagine they buy it from MR, so however cheap they sell it is just less money for them? Or does MR make them sign a contract with an MSRP price and some minimum price below which they can't sell? Since you're in the business, can you elaborate? .

And yes, i agree on the Badlands OX. Crossed that option off my list when i saw it weighs a bloody 10lbs .... a little excessive.

clear your PM's twoseven0

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    aren't they allowed to sell a pack for whatever they want? I imagine they buy it from MR, so however cheap they sell it is just less money for them? Or does MR make them sign a contract with an MSRP price and some minimum price below which they can't sell? Since you're in the business, can you elaborate? .
    more and more manufacturers are enforcing a minimum advertised price so their products don't get drug down to the bottom of the barrel. Everyone loves good prices, and the MAP pricing is fair to the customer, retailer and manufacturer.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewh View Post
    clear your PM's twoseven0
    done. We really need a higher limit on those things .

Quote Originally Posted by sammy-j-peppers View Post
    Yep, Rampart has them for $565 everyday...... and only $10 shipping. They are great people to deal with too.

https://rampartcorp.com/collections/...nt=21191815495
    rampart doesn't really have any MR left in stock anyways, I think they have a couple of large metcalfs. I wonder when they get a new shipment if their prices will go up.

Ended up buying the stone glacier frame from Andrewh. Loaded up with a 35lb and 25lb gym plates at home. Felt good. Over budget now so the girlfriend will be buying a bag for it for my bday ... i hope.

Also learned something new ... a whole deboned sheep will fit into a 20L dry bag .... Guess they are not as big as I thought lol.

Picked up SR80 and I's new frames and my new Sky 5900 bag tonight. First impression is good. Quite like the features on the bag. Tossed the pack on empty, ballparking the fit. Belt and shoulder straps feel quite good. Will spend some time tomorrow with 25lbs in it to get it fitted up. Suspect I'll need to play around some more before I can comment on the curved frame, but seems like it'll be a winner.

Won't bother with pics as the ones on Stone Glacier's site are far better than the ones I can take. Which are one notch above my drawing them by hand with crayons.

Looking forward to some reviews on the new frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastcar View Post
    Picked up SR80 and I's new frames and my new Sky 5900 bag tonight. First impression is good. Quite like the features on the bag. Tossed the pack on empty, ballparking the fit. Belt and shoulder straps feel quite good. Will spend some time tomorrow with 25lbs in it to get it fitted up. Suspect I'll need to play around some more before I can comment on the curved frame, but seems like it'll be a winner.

Won't bother with pics as the ones on Stone Glacier's site are far better than the ones I can take. Which are one notch above my drawing them by hand with crayons.
    Watch their video on youtube on how to properly fit their pack. They say the transition between grey and black on the shoulder strap should sit right at your collar bone. I thought that was a cool neat feature in their design.

The only thing i don't like is the material on the inside of the hip belt/shoulder strap. I don't like the "mesh". I generally prefer the smoother, "silk" type of material on the inside like Osprey uses. Like this: