Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sone Glacier Xcurve Frame

Re: New Sone Glacier Xcurve Frame

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    READ more carefully, I bought mine when Dana, was running MR in Bozeman and was among their best customers as their then sales manager, Andrew Crow, told a guy I know there. I have used Dana's packs for almost 40 years and worked in the business, I would NOT *overpay*.

Now, after some issues with a defective product last August, I will never deal with GR and IF I were to buy another MR I KNOW where to get deals on gear that might amaze you.

That said, after inspection, I do not consider the current off-shore MR packs equal to the Bozo-made ones. So, call MR and order a Bozo-made one which they were offering and pay the price landed here and then get back to me.

JMHO, use whatever you prefer, I have no problem spending big coin on gear, but, detest spending my pensions on trendy electronics, trailcams and so on, YMMV.
    OK. Point taken. I don't mind buying off-shore made products from a company that has decent quality control and warranty. That being said, i'm in the market for a new pack. I'll take any off-shore mystery ranch that you have off your hands, no problem. Let me alleviate you of that headache. You can PM me with what you have!

I AM considering selling my last Bozo-MR pack, but, what do you want in size and what is your waist and chest?

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    This is BS. There are a lot of products out there that are being sold for way more than they are actually worth. Look at most luxury cars or designer clothes. While i don't doubt that this is an EXCELLENT pack, the point here is that there are other excellent packs that DON"T cost $900.

Comparing Swaro to a Tasco is no contest. Of course this $900 pack is better than an entry level Cabela's pack for $120. But is it that much better than mystery ranch or badlands to warrant an extra $400 cost on top? I don't think so.
    Can you provide us with some links to some other packs that have a 130lb load rating and weigh 5lbs or less and have the volume of the larger SG packs? I too like to save money when I can.

6'4" 210lb .... 43" chest, pant size 34. Let me know what you have and most importantly price

Would like something with a meat shelf and nice, sturdy hipbelt and shoulder harness. Don't care too much about pockets and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by hookedonblacktails View Post
    Can you provide us with some links to some other packs that have a 130lb load rating and weigh 5lbs or less and have the volume of the larger SG packs? I too like to save money when I can.
    I hear crickets from twoSeven0...

I would love for him to pull out some examples and backup what he says.

I echo you BgBlkDg regarding the cheaper price-point for MR bags and them being made overseas, people are just too fast to call BS on a situation just as twoSeven0 did in this thread without knowing actual FACTS.

Bottom line - a quality AND lightweight pack will cost you $, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by hookedonblacktails View Post
    Can you provide me with some links that show a SG pack and frame come in at under 5lb? Because, i doubt a complete pack comes in at under 5lb.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewh View Post
    I hear crickets from twoSeven0...

I would love for him to pull out some examples and backup what he says.

I echo you BgBlkDg regarding the cheaper price-point for MR bags and them being made overseas, people are just too fast to call BS on a situation just as twoSeven0 did in this thread without knowing actual FACTS.

Bottom line - a quality AND lightweight pack will cost you $, end of story.

You keep talking as if I called the SG a crappy pack ....

Can you provide me with some links that show a SG pack and frame come in at under 5lb? Because, i doubt a complete pack comes in at under 5lb.
    For sky archer 6200
    -6200 mode weight - 4.55 Lbs without load shelf, 4.68 Lbs with load shelf (3 pc belt)
    - 4000 Bivy mode weight - 4.18 Lbs without load shelf, 4.31 Lbs with load shelf (3 pc belt)
    -150+ pound load rating (check Design page for load rating info)
    -6200 cubic main bag and lid
    -4000 cubic inches in bivy mode (no lid, compressed)

For sky Talus 6900

-6900 mode weight – 4.92 Lbs without load shelf, 5.05 Lbs with load shelf (3 pc belt)
    - 4000 Bivy mode weight – 4.55 Lbs without load shelf, 4.68 with load shelf (3 pc belt)
    -150+ pound load rating (check Design page for load rating info)
    -6400 cubic main bag and 500 cubic lid
    -4000 cubic inches in bivy mode (no lid, compressed)
    Last edited by Andrewh; 01-13-2017 at 02:06 PM.

^ And where's the weight of the frame?

Xcurve Frame + 3 Piece Medium Belt + Sky 7400 bag ($664.00)

^ And where's the weight of the frame?
    It will be similar to the above specs as those are with the older frame (heavier) but smaller bag.