Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Woman fined $2,000 for poaching California bighorn

guest Guest

Re: Woman fined $2,000 for poaching California bighorn

Quote Originally Posted by ajr5406 View Post
    What if "their traditional lands" crossed over the (now) US border? Can they cross over and hunt in the US without adhering to US hunting rules?
    they ARE doing it in the Koots ....... No consequences. Have at ER. Come to Canada, you can do any thing ya want if your not Caucasian .

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    IMO The 'poaching' reference is by the reporter/paper, his own slant.
    Agreed, there may be more to the story, plea bargaining or whatever, but they found one that stuck to the wall when thrown

'edible portions' is pretty weak but The milestone is that a charge was laid and ran its course.
    The edible portions and animal wastage/utilization rules in BC are a joke compared to the Yukon
    OK but if the hunt was legal as a sustenance hunt the "poaching" doesn't enter into the equation at all so we have to ignore that.
    The article also says she reported the hunt and brought in parts of the animals to the CO for reporting and identification which would presumably have occurred prior to the charges being laid ? That would seem to indicate that she was complying with the legal requirements of a legal hunt. If she thought she was "poaching" or whatever, she most certainly wouldn't have walked into the CO's Office saying "Look what I have." Doesn't make any sense.
    The article speaks of initially 3 charges but for what - she only left the meat of one animal. It was bargained down to one charge, what were the other charges.
    So if all she did ( again I am not in any way trying to diminish or validate her actions ) was legally shoot 3 animals and left parts of 1, what would the usual fine be?
    There's something missing here, maybe it's lousy reporting, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    they ARE doing it in the Koots ....... No consequences. Have at ER. Come to Canada, you can do any thing ya want if your not Caucasian .
    There has been a case in the court at Nelson, all autumn concerning this atrocity and I posted on it several months ago.

These Yankees, have tribe members of obvious *Negroid* ancestry and can-do make others of various ethnicities *members* as they choose. So, IF they get the OK to hunt in the Kootenays, as-when they wish, the entrance-hunting of OTHER Yanks, will soon follow........

This, IS NOT some minor issue, the Yankees have always seen Canada, as *theirs* and many still do. The aboriginals concerned, of MIXED racial origins, ARE NOT Canadians, but, could soon enjoy *rights* far greater than we who were born here and whose families built BC.

I have posted on the Nelson Star, on this last Sept. and a couple weeks before Christmas and made it VERY CLEAR that if I encounter Yankee *Indians* poaching in the Kootenays, I WILL treat them as invaders and will NOT hesitate to *go tactical*.

In any event, I doubt that any BC aborigines, WILL EVER really cooperate with us as they would, if involved, use this to further bolster their vile *land claims* and I do NOT trust any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    There has been a case in the court at Nelson, all autumn concerning this atrocity and I posted on it several months ago.

These Yankees, have tribe members of obvious *Negroid* ancestry and can-do make others of various ethnicities *members* as they choose. So, IF they get the OK to hunt in the Kootenays, as-when they wish, the entrance-hunting of OTHER Yanks, will soon follow........

This, IS NOT some minor issue, the Yankees have always seen Canada, as *theirs* and many still do. The aboriginals concerned, of MIXED racial origins, ARE NOT Canadians, but, could soon enjoy *rights* far greater than we who were born here and whose families built BC.

I have posted on the Nelson Star, on this last Sept. and a couple weeks before Christmas and made it VERY CLEAR that if I encounter Yankee *Indians* poaching in the Kootenays, I WILL treat them as invaders and will NOT hesitate to *go tactical*.

In any event, I doubt that any BC aborigines, WILL EVER really cooperate with us as they would, if involved, use this to further bolster their vile *land claims* and I do NOT trust any of them.
    Reading this comment I didn't even have to look who it was coming from to know who was writing it. if there was a kkk in canada you would b in it. You seem to be well educated but just stink of hatred some people will never change. AND threatening people's lives on the Internet saying you would kill a certain group if you seen them in the bush just shows what kind of person you are.

Your reading comprehension is as pathetic as your epistolary abilities as I have not posted any such comment. So, perhaps try to understand as your comments above are VERY close to *actionable* and I would NOT hesitate.

Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    OK but if the hunt was legal as a sustenance hunt the "poaching" doesn't enter into the equation at all so we have to ignore that.
    The article also says she reported the hunt and brought in parts of the animals to the CO for reporting and identification which would presumably have occurred prior to the charges being laid ? That would seem to indicate that she was complying with the legal requirements of a legal hunt. If she thought she was "poaching" or whatever, she most certainly wouldn't have walked into the CO's Office saying "Look what I have." Doesn't make any sense.
    The article speaks of initially 3 charges but for what - she only left the meat of one animal. It was bargained down to one charge, what were the other charges.
    So if all she did ( again I am not in any way trying to diminish or validate her actions ) was legally shoot 3 animals and left parts of 1, what would the usual fine be?
    The local bands don't let their own people hunt the sheep without consent. She came in an took three sheep in another bands area. Just because she went to the CO's doesn't make it not poaching. Stupidity doesn't make you except from the rules, if it does then we are in trouble. To think natives from all over BC can come in an target such a closely monitored and managed species in an area such as this is completely ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    Its legal for her to shoot, retrieve and consume all 3 rams.
    Is it moral and legal for her to shoot 3 rams and not utilize the meat....no.
    Its not legal for her to sell any parts of the rams whatsoever.
    The horns and capes were useless to her without a CI.
    The horns and capes were confiscated by the COS.

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post

LOl, yeah okay...

It's a sad state of affairs when a small segment of our society can do what they do just because of their blood line. Even sadder is the guilt ridden urbanites that support this two tiered citizenship.

If this wasn't poaching then we are all in big trouble. We handed the rights over to the bands to govern certain areas. The bands require other bands to get authorization before hunting on their land. She did not have this right, this was poached from the local band at the least. To say it is legal for her to shoot demonstrates the exact problem. The Kamloops Indian band guards their sheep, sells tags for huge sums of money. At least they are managing the stock. If it is legal for them to shoot, I am sure they will be all gone in short order.

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Its legal for her to shoot, retrieve and consume all 3 rams.
    Is it moral and legal for her to shoot 3 rams and not utilize the meat....no.
    Its not legal for her to sell any parts of the rams whatsoever.
    The horns and capes were useless to her without a CI.
    The horns and capes were confiscated by the COS.
    is not legal. the band said she didnt have permission from the band. and if i recall it wasnt even her bands land? protected animals arent on their kill at will rights. they cant touch them either unless thiers an opening for all, they have to apply for leh same as us