Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Woman fined $2,000 for poaching California bighorn

Re: Woman fined $2,000 for poaching California bighorn

Hmm being done for decades..Spenses Bridge.. met 3 of em over past 5 years..picture of choker rams by the highway in Dec..jan. .when i asked how the meat tastes in January kill..none knew..they hate the taste of sage.!
    Been seeking my own first rocky ram..was offered a cape...horns for sale...grrrrrrr.
    Assinine".....
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    Wonder what would have happened if the accused was Caucasian?
    You wanted to know what would happen if this person was caucasion funny how no one remembers this guy Caucasion is he not oh yah the natives are the only ones who poach......http://www.castanet.net/news/Pentict...0-for-poaching
    Last edited by .308SLAYER; 01-13-2017 at 07:38 AM.

1495 and that's a bighorn and some mule deer now thats a joke. There is no right in what this women has done I would think she was in in to sell the parts not good.
    Last edited by .308SLAYER; 01-13-2017 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    I'm a bit confused, it starts out by saying "poaching" which I take to mean the illegal killing of an animal but then says she was charged and pled guilty to failing to remove the meat ?
    It also says that the natives are allowed to hunt for sustenance.
    Are they saying that she was allowed to kill the sheep but as she only kept the meat of 2 of the sheep and a bit of the 3rd ergo the crime?
    Not trying in any way to diminish or accept the wrong doings here but basically, WTF really happened?
    Poaching ? I don't see that ?
    IMO The 'poaching' reference is by the reporter/paper, his own slant.
    Agreed, there may be more to the story, plea bargaining or whatever, but they found one that stuck to the wall when thrown

'edible portions' is pretty weak but The milestone is that a charge was laid and ran its course.
    The edible portions and animal wastage/utilization rules in BC are a joke compared to the Yukon
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    I'm a bit confused, it starts out by saying "poaching" which I take to mean the illegal killing of an animal but then says she was charged and pled guilty to failing to remove the meat ?
    It also says that the natives are allowed to hunt for sustenance.
    Are they saying that she was allowed to kill the sheep but as she only kept the meat of 2 of the sheep and a bit of the 3rd ergo the crime?
    Not trying in any way to diminish or accept the wrong doings here but basically, WTF really happened?
    Poaching ? I don't see that ?
    thats the lawyers plea deal. c.o will stack as many charges as he feels fit. then crown picks through what he feels will stick and makes deals to save them work and still be paid, they do that for any crimes

Quote Originally Posted by .308SLAYER View Post
    You wanted to know what would happen if this person was caucasion funny how no one remembers this guy Caucasion is he not oh yah the natives are the only ones who poach......http://www.castanet.net/news/Pentict...0-for-poaching
    There does not appear to be ANY reference to this scumbags race or even his name.........makes me wonder why.

im going to assume white, since they mention a deer limit of 1, and he had shot 2 mules. and natives dont have a limit.

correction*, wasnt native. could be any race other than

I think they should be able to hunt what their forefathers hunted on their native lands. This does not include sheep introduced into the Kamloops area by us white guys. If they want to hunt off the reserve at anytime they should have to enter a LEH system, so we can get some of the money we keep giving them back. If they poach on crown land as this was, they shouldn't be treated like some kid, slapped on the wrist. Us white guys are such wimps. We are letting other white guys that live in Ottawa slower take away our hunting areas, now our local judicial system fails horribly dealing with a serious crime and the local band does nothing to protect the animals agreed to manage with these insane rules Ottawa granted him. I really don't think a 1000 years ago natives where using 300 magnums out of trucks off roads, hundreds of miles from their village. I am just surprised this wasn't at night. If I was one of these "custodians of the land" I would be ashamed and demand a band meeting over this.
    I am white, but my forefathers have been hear since the turn of the century, when will my kin be considered native. I say once your family has 100 years then we enter a level paying field. If it remains 2 tiered it will just create more anger and hatred.

Good points, BUT, the *stewards* tell us that BC is ALL theirs and most leftist and even some rightwing politicians seem to concur.

The anger and hatred is here NOW and this is deliberately fostered BY governments and corporations in service of a certain agenda.

Your final point would never fly as many would choose to insist that a different criteria than *100 years* be used to decide the status concerned. The *human rights* industry of fascists, foreigners and parasites would go *postal* with this!

What if "their traditional lands" crossed over the (now) US border? Can they cross over and hunt in the US without adhering to US hunting rules?