Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Woman fined $2,000 for poaching California bighorn

Re: Woman fined $2,000 for poaching California bighorn

Its ALL BullSh*t ! there should NOT be any special HUNTING priviledges for any one ! including any and all Natives- First Nations and or Indians ! jmo RJ

$2000 is pathetic. That's 6 hours of a lawyers time. $200 000 and a bankruptcy would be more appropriate. Let her shiver in the cold and burn sheep fat for light when her hydro is cut off.

A 2000 $ fine is not a very substantial deterrent for "anyone", if the reason for killing game illegally is because they are selling
    parts in the black market"
    As stated by others, selling a set of Ram horns for 20,000$ under the table is much more tempting, than worrying about
    paying a 2000$ fine from time to time.
    These type of people don't care whether they hold on to their "hunting license's" or losing them as punishment.

And we wonder why animals on the planet are going "extinct".

some ambiguous statements:

Crown prosecutor Joel Gold said on Nov. 9, 2014, conservation officers found two of the three dead rams within 10 metres of a logging road in an area north of Kamloops Lake while the third was about 500 metres away on a slope.

They had been killed the previous day. While meat was removed from two of the animals, most of the meat from the third ram was left on the hillside.

Kato, a member of the Ashcroft Indian Band , was originally charged with three counts of failing to remove edible portions of a carcass, but two of the counts were dropped in return for her pleading guilty to the single charge.

Judge Chris Cleaveley sentenced Kato to a $2,000 fine. All but $100 of that amount will go to the B.C. Habitat Conservation Trust Fund. As part of the deal, she forfeited her right to trophy parts — the cape and the skull and horns.

Kato did bring the head and horns to ministry officials for identification and reporting. They were seized.

Seems they wouldn't charge 3 counts failing to remove meat if it was only the one ram that was left on the hill? Then the "seized head and cape" are stated as singular, not plural. So was she only charged $2000 and allowed to keep the other 2 rams? And nobody would have heard about this if she stopped at the 2 roadside rams? Sad

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    There has been a case in the court at Nelson, all autumn concerning this atrocity and I posted on it several months ago.

These Yankees, have tribe members of obvious *Negroid* ancestry and can-do make others of various ethnicities *members* as they choose. So, IF they get the OK to hunt in the Kootenays, as-when they wish, the entrance-hunting of OTHER Yanks, will soon follow........

This, IS NOT some minor issue, the Yankees have always seen Canada, as *theirs* and many still do. The aboriginals concerned, of MIXED racial origins, ARE NOT Canadians, but, could soon enjoy *rights* far greater than we who were born here and whose families built BC.

I have posted on the Nelson Star, on this last Sept. and a couple weeks before Christmas and made it VERY CLEAR that if I encounter Yankee *Indians* poaching in the Kootenays, I WILL treat them as invaders and will NOT hesitate to *go tactical*.

In any event, I doubt that any BC aborigines, WILL EVER really cooperate with us as they would, if involved, use this to further bolster their vile *land claims* and I do NOT trust any of them.

Go tactical? You need to chill out, too. See you in a couple of days....
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    some ambiguous statements:

Crown prosecutor Joel Gold said on Nov. 9, 2014, conservation officers found two of the three dead rams within 10 metres of a logging road in an area north of Kamloops Lake while the third was about 500 metres away on a slope.

They had been killed the previous day. While meat was removed from two of the animals, most of the meat from the third ram was left on the hillside.

Kato, a member of the Ashcroft Indian Band , was originally charged with three counts of failing to remove edible portions of a carcass, but two of the counts were dropped in return for her pleading guilty to the single charge.

Judge Chris Cleaveley sentenced Kato to a $2,000 fine. All but $100 of that amount will go to the B.C. Habitat Conservation Trust Fund. As part of the deal, she forfeited her right to trophy parts — the cape and the skull and horns.

Kato did bring the head and horns to ministry officials for identification and reporting. They were seized.

Seems they wouldn't charge 3 counts failing to remove meat if it was only the one ram that was left on the hill? Then the "seized head and cape" are stated as singular, not plural. So was she only charged $2000 and allowed to keep the other 2 rams? And nobody would have heard about this if she stopped at the 2 roadside rams? Sad
    doesnt even make sence to have 3 counts of leaving meat when their own words say only 1 had left meat on it.
    another one that was odd is she took them in to be reported as law says., is like she had no clue she was actualy breaking a law, i doubt most have their inspected if they knew they were illegal. something there dont make sence either

and what was comments about selling parts for..i saw nothing that said that was her intentions. what brought that up?
    we seem to be missing the 3rd side, the truth lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
    and what was comments about selling parts for..i saw nothing that said that was her intentions. what brought that up?
    we seem to be missing the 3rd side, the truth lol
    That's what I was getting at in my posts about the original article, somethings just don't add up.