Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Spring grizzly

Re: Spring grizzly

I got the same email Joe, little depressing 2 days before the draw closes. Seen our fair share of grizz in the coupke weeks we were there this year. Let alone the bunch of different grizz the other guys we were camped with seen. Who does the count for those areas?

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    Applied for grizz leh for me and Evan a few weeks ago. Opened my email today to find this bull sh*t.

Dear Hunter,

You have applied for the spring grizzly bear Limited Entry Hunt in the South Rockies Grizzly Bear Population Unit (GBPU), area 4-21 (hunt code 3103), 4-22 (hunt code 3104), 4-23A (hunt code 3105), 4-23B (hunt code 3106), or 4-24 (hunt code 310. Please be aware that these hunts have all been closed.

The numbers provided in the 2015/2016 LEH synopsis are the spring 2016 issued authorizations, and are not what is available for the 2017 spring draw. The tentative number of authorizations for the 2017 spring draw are made available in late January, when the population estimate work has been conducted. The best available science indicates that the population estimate for this GBPU has decreased significantly and can no longer sustain a hunter harvest.

The number of authorizations for the above noted hunt codes will be set to zero, and therefore your LEH application will not be successful. There are 2 options that you have available to you.

1) Leave your LEH application as-is, with no opportunity to be successful.
    2) Void your LEH application and apply for another spring grizzly bear hunt that is open. You will be required to submit payment for the new application. For more information on how to void an LEH application visithttp://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/spo...pplication.pdf.

If you would like to request a refund for the $6.30 application fee, please submit a letter requesting this to the address below. Refund requests must be received no later than March 31, 2017. Refunds will take approximately 4-6 weeks to process.

Sincerely,

Fish and Wildlife Branch

Limited Entry Hunting
    Fish and Wildlife Branch
    2975 Jutland Road
    PO Box 9389 STN PROV GOVT
    Victoria B.C. V8W 9M7

my opinion....... The grizz population is extremely healthy in 4-23 A & B and could sustain both a spring and fall hunt.

I agree,what a joke.

Common sense and experience obviously "trumped" by the "best science".

One more day people.I believe its important to show the individuals who want to shut down Grizzly hunting by putting in for these LEH opportunities.Good luck to all and Cheers Mark

I'm curious to see how long it takes to process the applications now that it's done online.

[QUOTE​]If you would like to request a refund for the $6.30 application fee, please submit a letter requesting this to the address below. Refund requests must be received no later than March 31, 2017. Refunds will take approximately 4-6 weeks to process.
    [/QUOTE]

This is bull. I got the same email yesterday. So they give ONLY me 48 hr notice that i need to find a new leh draw to apply for if i want to hunt grizz?!?!?! They take my $6.30 with the click of a mouse, and then i have to beg and plead to get me 6 bucks back!?!?! Corrupt system I tell you

Print the email off, wipe your ass with it, then mail it to them.

Anyone know when the results might be out? I'm growing a moustache in anticipation. I heard on another forum that it's in the regs you can't hunt grizz without one.

Quote Originally Posted by markomoose View Post
    One more day people.I believe its important to show the individuals who want to shut down Grizzly hunting by putting in for these LEH opportunities.Good luck to all and Cheers Mark
    What would I do if I won?
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..