Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring grizzly

Re: Spring grizzly

Just finished applying for first Grizz! Can't wait for spring

Anyone hunt Gbear back of Adams TumTum area? First go for grizz just lookin for a shove in the right direction I kill Bbears every spring but grizz seems to be on the next level!My weapon of choice tikka t3 in 30-06 with hand loaded 165 grain GMX! Right now I'm thinking shoulder shot inside 300 yards! Feel free to give advice!

dam, kinda small grain ammo for grizzly isnt that?

Hey sausage want to move this to a new thread? I could use some advice and Intel too, just put in for Grizzly also!

Got
    Quote Originally Posted by sausage lover View Post
    Anyone hunt Gbear back of Adams TumTum area? First go for grizz just lookin for a shove in the right direction I kill Bbears every spring but grizz seems to be on the next level!My weapon of choice tikka t3 in 30-06 with hand loaded 165 grain GMX! Right now I'm thinking shoulder shot inside 300 yards! Feel free to give advice!

Put in and planned!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
    dam, kinda small grain ammo for grizzly isnt that?
    Monometals run on a whole different standard.

I'd like to hunt grizzly, but I just don't have an interest in taxidermy, and my freezers are overflowing with black bear and venison. I also hate government bureaucracy, in this case compulsory inspection.
    Last edited by Surrey Boy; 01-23-2017 at 05:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Put in, odds are tuff. They only allow for 1 tag.
    See the darn things daily where I work.
    The Gubernment people should do a ride along, maybe it would open up a few more tags..wishing
    Trudeau is a Neya Noonan Utim Tugeye

Quote Originally Posted by sausage lover View Post
    You have lots of horsepower there! I have packed my 270 short with 130gr GMX and those will shoot a hole through the biggest grizz I might ever find!

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    Monometals run on a whole different standard.

I'd like to hunt grizzly, but I just don't have an interest in taxidermy, and my freezers are overflowing with black bear and venison. I also hate government bureaucracy, in this case compulsory inspection.
    oh, never gone after them myself either. always just see guys using big grain stuff over 200. im same. no way i could afford the taxidermy, and i kind of doubt id eat one unless it was processed, and i cant afford that either..lol i wont even eat the big older black, to tough and chewy for me..

I eat grizzly meat. Tastes the same as black bear, and it's always been ground. Friend of mine got a bison and grizz in the same season, much of it came to my freezer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..