Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: unhappy spot customer

Re: unhappy spot customer

Quote Originally Posted by hntcrazy View Post
    Like in a previous post.....SPOT Suck in every way now . especially customer service. I cancelled 6 units after talking with customer non-service.
    My buddy wrote a very detailed letter of his happenings with them also and got no where .

Done with Spot .
    Delorme In reach are great units and a good sat phone.
    Cell phone coverage is also getting very good these days.
    Sorry Srupp
    Hmmm no problems..I am watching and learning..phone call coming up to spot..
    Hmm these units MUST WORK EACH TIME CUP NOT ONLY IS IT 2017..LIVES DEPEND ON THESE UNITS
    NEVER EVER A EXCUSE FOR BAD TECH SERVICE..YOU PAID" FOR IT
    YOU DIDNT ORDER TRACK ING. .SHOUT not BE CHARGED for it.period.
    Cheers
    Steven

Maple Ridge, Horse Lake but sometimes the dog house

Used a Gen II Spot for a number of years. Worked in most instances but not all. I had some times when the check-in did not get sent or were received after I already arrived home from my day hunt. Not reliable enough to be trusted so why pay the annual fee for something that may or may not be there when you need it. Spoke with Steven on the phone in the Fall of 2015 about the issue after a previous thread about the problems arose. Unfortunately the reliability didn't improve. Not an indictment of Steven but rather Spot not addressing customer concerns.

I bought an InReach Explorer in November that I have not had a lot of time to play with but the time I did use it it worked flawlessly. Can Sync it to your phone and use your phone to type the texts (much better keyboard size) to send with the InReach. Got the unit on sale for $399 (the Se was on for $299 at the same time) and received a $75 credit towards my service account.
    Cody: It's a pretty cool sidearm you got there. What is it?
    Four Leaf Tayback: I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes when it takes a man's life.

Marvin Boggs

Frank, I never thought I'd say this again. I'm getting the pig!
    Frank, we gotta get rid of this broad. I know a great place up the road. Lots of alligators.

Marvin: If there's one thing I know, it's women and covert operations.
    Frank: Marvin, that's two things.
    Han Cho Bai: No, grasshopper. It is not.

The concern I had with my experience was the disparity between the position that the device reported to my phone and what showed on the tracking site. The Spot device in my truck reported the correct positions to my phone so the GPS was obviously locked on the satellites and accurately reading it's location. However, the positions reported on the website was quite different and grossly inaccurate. So, somewhere on the Spot server end, the data points got screwed up and anyone relying on that info would be looking in the wrong spot. That is very scary stuff!
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

Depending on how much time you leave it on . I take a standby power bar to bump up the charge every once and a while.
    2-3 TEXTS a day last 7-10 but leaving on drains battery a little.
    Hope this helps , kind of wish you had both options batteries and self contained rechargeable ...........
    I bought 2 power bars from groupon 24.00 bucks done deal .
    And That Is That