Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for new hunting pants?

Recommendations for new hunting pants?

Well my last pair of hunting pants, good old milsurp camo, have finally been used and abused to the point it no longer makes sense to repair them so am looking to get some new pants for hunting. Mostly fall but some spring too, already have good winter pants so don't need anything heavy like that. I've seen some nice stuff but some gets really pricey, like up to $500. I don't think I'd spend that much but maybe up to around the $300 mark if its really worth it and will last. I have nice merino wool (icebreaker) base layer I wear when it's cooler as well as gaiters when it's wet. So, is it worth spending the extra and getting hunting specific pants or just stick with the cheap old surplus stuff? What does everyone recommend and why?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Recommendations for new hunting pants?

Looking online, perhaps the First Lite Corrugate Guide Pant, Sitka Equinox, or Sitka Timberline would be appropriate pants? I think the Corrugate and Equinox are lighter, early to mid season and the Timberlines are a little heavier than that? How do they all hold up to brush etc? Worth the money?

Costco just got in BC Clothing brand pants. There are two types one lined with cotton and one without. The ones without are 20 bucks and after a couple hikes with them I really like them. They are al light weight full poly so breathe well, seem pretty quiet and are slightly stretchy, time will tell if they hold up around the fire and through bush..

I also have a pair of cabelas microtex lite pants which are pretty beat but I've been wearing them for 8 years and still love them!
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

I've been really happy with my Sitka pants, both Ascent and Mountain. Although they'd be too warm on scouting hikes, I'd pick the mountain pants if I had to choose.

Brad

Very happy with my KUIU attack pants. Give em a go you won't be disappointed.

Except the cost, Filson whipcord wool pant will last you a lifetime

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by khoffnbud View Post
    Very happy with my KUIU attack pants. Give em a go you won't be disappointed.
    Just curious if you compared the Attack pant to any of the Sitka stuff ? I bought an used set of Timberline Pants but seem a touch heavy for an Aug 1st-15th sheep hunt ? Your thoughts ?
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

If your looking for a cheaper option that's not camo, try the Eddie Bauer Guide pro pants. I got a pair on sale last season and they are super comfortable and stretchy. I wore some merino long underwear under them and they served me well, even in colder temps.

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    Just curious if you compared the Attack pant to any of the Sitka stuff ? I bought an used set of Timberline Pants but seem a touch heavy for an Aug 1st-15th sheep hunt ? Your thoughts ?
    The only Sitka pant that I've owned that I can compare to is the 90% pant. I found the attacks to be lighter than the 90s and sure helped with the early season stuff. Sorry don, maybe someone else can chime in on this, I don't want to lead astray.

Quote Originally Posted by ajr5406 View Post
    If your looking for a cheaper option that's not camo, try the Eddie Bauer Guide pro pants. I got a pair on sale last season and they are super comfortable and stretchy. I wore some merino long underwear under them and they served me well, even in colder temps.
    These or Prana Zion or Renegade Kuhl Renegades are all good quality early season pants.

I would also look at these from Icebreaker

http://ca.icebreaker.com/en/midlayer...2683_color=301

I have the previous model and they are great early to mid season pants.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!