Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best area for 3-week salt water fishing adventure?

Best area for 3-week salt water fishing adventure?

If time and money were no object, where would you go on the BC coast for a three-week salmon, bottom fish, prawn and crab fishing holiday?

This will be self-contained self-guided trip on a large boat with a smaller fishing vessel, probably a whaler for angling.
    Last edited by MichelD; 01-11-2017 at 04:48 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Best area for 3-week salt water fishing adventure?

Q.C Islands. everything you want to catch can be done there. Top notch accommodations and great fishing.

i charter with David Murphy he is out of Ucluelet and has a lodge on the west coast i have never been disapointed with them for salmon,halibut,Lingcod or any of the other bottom fish or crab if you inquire about them.In my opinion and i have chartered with others David and his guy's out do them hands down

You can't go wrong with the North Coast.
    "Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

- Hunter S. Thompson

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer’s cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

- George Orwell

"Self contained on a large boat with smaller fishing vessel"........ Milbank Sound. Great anchorages, Uncrowded, awesome fishing!!

I'd go to the Broughtons and Knights Inlet. Not a far run to round Cape Caution and head a lil north either.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Where is the big boat normally moored? No sense cruising past a bunch of awesome fishing on your way to QC if the boat is moored down here.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    Where is the big boat normally moored? No sense cruising past a bunch of awesome fishing on your way to QC if the boat is moored down here.
    Boat is down south but they like the north/central coast in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    I'd go to the Broughtons and Knights Inlet. Not a far run to round Cape Caution and head a lil north either.
    Thanks Salty, I know that area a bit. Seined salmon on a Sointula boat in the area and also commercial-fished crab and prawn there too. Before the salmon farms anchored on the good spots though.

Ya the salmon farms messed up some cool spots all right Michel. There's still tons of good all weather anchorages in the Broughtons though. There's also quite a few logging landings closer to the mainland not used at a given time as you probably know. Its all water access logging there's no roads in the area just short haul roads that lead to the log dumps most of them have a decent dock. There's also an old govt dock south of Knights.. Minstral Island? iirc
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this