Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Posting pics

Re: Posting pics

I use both these sites. Easy and quick. I am slowly transferring pictures over.

http://imgur.com/

http://postimg.org/

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Quote Originally Posted by bridger View Post
    I really fail to see why we have to use Facebook, photo bucket, or any other source. Is it cost prohibitive to upgrade this site?
    Not sure about cost prohibitive but it's a big undertaking, there may be prices for new licenses and they may require new hosting charges as with pictures much easier to post they will likely need more storage to work with. I've been trying to type a reply in the 'plane' thread in the Mainland forum....every time I type a reply about the forum software I get kicked into a weird error and booted from the site. Anyhow...below is a copy and paste of what I was going to type there; just kind of gives you an idea. Some kind of pertains to your inquiry...some to one of the ones in that thread.

So big issue is that we all want this functionality but problem is that this is an old version ofvBulletin. I just don’t think it supports a lot of the picture/functionality and other advanced features you see in newer software. Iwould caution Marc/Spink from moving to new versions of vBulletin without doingplenty of due dligience. A BC sportfishing forum did last year and it was an absolute mess with tons of data (threads) and pictures missing, poor functionality and bugs and slow just to name a few and the worst thing was NOBODY from vBull was there to help them out. ZIPPO for support.

They made the tough decision to limpalong with it and quickly find a new platform. I don’t think moving to the new one was cheap as they hired developers/data type guys to map everything over from vBull to Xenforo the new platform. That new platform…..is AWESOME. Everything people want to do with images is fully supported and you can put pics from any device right into a post/thread with no issues. Also can be tailored to accept larger files as so many pics are these days withthe advancement of camera technology.

The bad part…..it’s a big undertaking, one that would take plenty of prep to get ready for. Other bad part is it’s the dreaded change! Lots of tech savy folks will figure out new platforms quickly while taking 30 minutes to navigate, read the help sections etc. Not sure if you’ve been around when Marc has upgraded software here but it ain’t pretty….I’ve seen a few in my days, hahaha.

[QUOTE=MB_Boy;1866640]Not sure about cost prohibitive but it's a big undertaking, there may be prices for new licenses and they may require new hosting charges as with pictures much easier to post they will likely need more storage to work with. I've been trying to type a reply in the 'plane' thread in the Mainland forum....every time I type a reply about the forum software I get kicked into a weird error and booted from the site. Anyhow...below is a copy and paste of what I was going to type there; just kind of gives you an idea. Some kind of pertains to your inquiry...some to one of the ones in that thread.
    So big issue is that we all want this functionality but problem is that this is an old version ofvBulletin. I just don’t think it supports a lot of the picture/functionality and other advanced features you see in newer software. Iwould caution Marc/Spink from moving to new versions of vBulletin without doingplenty of due dligience. A BC sportfishing forum did last year and it was an absolute mess with tons of data (threads) and pictures missing, poor functionality and bugs and slow just to name a few and the worst thing was NOBODY from vBull was there to help them out. ZIPPO for support.

They made the tough decision to limpalong with it and quickly find a new platform. I don’t think moving to the new one was cheap as they hired developers/data type guys to map everything over from vBull to Xenforo the new platform. That new platform…..is AWESOME. Everything people want to do with images is fully supported and you can put pics from any device right into a post/thread with no issues. Also can be tailored to accept larger files as so many pics are these days withthe advancement of camera technology.

The bad part…..it’s a big undertaking, one that would take plenty of prep to get ready for. Other bad part is it’s the dreaded change! Lots of tech savy folks will figure out new platforms quickly while taking 30 minutes to navigate, read the help sections etc. Not sure if you’ve been around when Marc has upgraded software here but it ain’t pretty….I’ve seen a few in my days, hahaha.

Thanks for the info MB. I have really enjoyed this site over the years, but the quality of stories and number of pictures posted has gone down significantly; thereby reducing the quality of the site. I see lots more hunting stories and pictures showing up on Facebook and other forums because of ease of use. Point and click and you are on line.

While those Facebook pages are easy to use they in no way offer the quality Hunting BC
    has provided us over the years. Unfortunately technology being what is today dictates change.

Having rebuilt my own companies technology several times over the years I know that Mark faces a real challenge to update the site.
    Resident hunter and proud of it!

agreed. these forums are being faded out these days. see less and less of them, more free places these days and no headaches to being a semi techy

I hate photo bucket. It seems worse lately. I used to be able to upload pics to the HBC gallery then copy and paste to the thread and now that doesn't seem to work. I've tried making the pics smaller still no luck. Very frustrating!!
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

just worked for me in another thread. mine werent showing. had to resize to 800x600 pixel

Facebook is so easy to use as a picture host. You can snap a pic with your phone and upload it to FB in seconds. You can load it from your computer in seconds. Even if you don't want to use FB as a social media site, you can start an account under the name Joe Bloggs and use it strictly for hosting pictures you want to post on HBC.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Yup, Bridger your absolutely right on the other forums and Facebook hunting videos, pictures stories etc... even myself I use Instagram, I don't have Facebook only Instagram and I post a pictures/videos and short story within a minute, and can post directly off my phone or computer!! There are so many Hunting/Fishing people there, some of the most impressive hunting I find on the internet, all kind of quick gear updates and new products! If anyone's on there my page is backwoods300

-Backwoods

Problem with facebook photos is the link will change in a few months and the pic link doesn't work on the forum. HBC gallery works well, just copy the image address link and type [img] and paste the link, and type [/img] and it show in your post.

"If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I managed to get a picture into the gallery, but certainly was a challenge from my regular PC ( couldn't make that work ), however using my wife's lap top I could save the picture in a file and open it, right click and see it said copy image which I could not make happen with my regular PC, from there it was easy to transfer to a thread.
    when I uploaded picture it showed two pictures one small one larger with the larger one having the Hunt BC logo, why is there two pictures showing I think in the file transfer box.
    Anyways I was able to get a picture on this site so am pretty happy about that