Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: plane

Re: plane

I use both these sites. Easy and quick. I am slowly transferring pictures over.

http://imgur.com/

http://postimg.org/

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post
    What about posting photos from a mobile?? I don't use a pc, I figured something had changed so that photos can't be posted from a phone maybe? Anyone else use their phone for posting photos with luck?
    Pretty sure this software version (dated vBulletin) doesn't support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post
    PHOTO BUCKET IS A JOKE! tried posting pics earlier this morn, but no luck, trying to post pictures should be as easy as, click the attach photo or video button above, select photo or video, and upload.......done and done like it is on any other website, and it would be nice if we could post photos or videos off our iphones or smart phones.....only if we had the technology lol!!
    Okay.....keep getting the error you'll see in the Bugs and Glitches forum, but will try replying to this one last time.

Got kicked out again....will make this my last attempt. Saved in Word so hopefully this works.

So big issue is that we all want this functionality but problem is that this is an old version of vBulletin. I just don’t think it supports a lot of the picture functionality and other advanced features you see in newer software. I would caution Marc/Spink from moving to new versions of vBulletin without doing plenty of due dligience. A BC sportfishing forum did last year and it was an absolute mess with tons of data (threads) and pictures missing, poor functionality and bugs and slow just to name a few and the worst thing was NOBODY from vBull was there to help them out. ZIPPO for support.

They made the tough decision to limp along with it and quickly find a new platform. I don’t think moving to the new one was cheap as they hired developers/data type guys to map everything over from vBull to Xenforo the new platform. That new platform…..is AWESOME. Everything people want to do with images is fully supported and you can put pics from any device right into a post/thread with no issues. Also can be tailored to accept larger files as so many pics are these days with the advancement of camera technology.
    The bad part…..it’s a big undertaking, one that would take plenty of prep to get ready for. Other bad part is it’s the dreaded change! Lots of tech savy folks will figure out new platforms quickly while taking 30 minutes to navigate, read the help sections etc. but others won't. Not sure if you’ve been around when Marc has upgraded software here but it ain’t pretty….I’ve seen a few in my days, hahaha.
    Last edited by MB_Boy; 01-11-2017 at 10:03 PM.

if you want to direct upload pics from a cell you`ll need the cell version of vbulletin

forum runner or taptalk

Quote Originally Posted by MB_Boy View Post
    Got kicked out again....will make this my last attempt. Saved in Word so hopefully this works.

So big issue is that we all want this functionality but problem is that this is an old version of vBulletin. I just don’t think it supports a lot of the picture functionality and other advanced features you see in newer software. I would caution Marc/Spink from moving to new versions of vBulletin without doing plenty of due dligience. A BC sportfishing forum did last year and it was an absolute mess with tons of data (threads) and pictures missing, poor functionality and bugs and slow just to name a few and the worst thing was NOBODY from vBull was there to help them out. ZIPPO for support.

They made the tough decision to limp along with it and quickly find a new platform. I don’t think moving to the new one was cheap as they hired developers/data type guys to map everything over from vBull to Xenforo the new platform. That new platform…..is AWESOME. Everything people want to do with images is fully supported and you can put pics from any device right into a post/thread with no issues. Also can be tailored to accept larger files as so many pics are these days with the advancement of camera technology.
    The bad part…..it’s a big undertaking, one that would take plenty of prep to get ready for. Other bad part is it’s the dreaded change! Lots of tech savy folks will figure out new platforms quickly while taking 30 minutes to navigate, read the help sections etc. but others won't. Not sure if you’ve been around when Marc has upgraded software here but it ain’t pretty….I’ve seen a few in my days, hahaha.
    if vb didnt help that other place, then their licence is bunk. thats more what you pay for in these forum softwares. i own one also that just sit idle, they always helped me when i had issues,...and a valid licence

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
    if you want to direct upload pics from a cell you`ll need the cell version of vbulletin

forum runner or taptalk
    I have no problems posting using the photobucket app and the full site in chrome browser on an s7. It was a bit glitchy a couple months back on my iPhone though.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    I have no problems posting using the photobucket app and the full site in chrome browser on an s7. It was a bit glitchy a couple months back on my iPhone though.
    i mean posting direct from your cell`s camera to here. needs the other software set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
    if vb didnt help that other place, then their licence is bunk. thats more what you pay for in these forum softwares. i own one also that just sit idle, they always helped me when i had issues,...and a valid licence
    It's not their license, they had been with vBull longer than HBC has been around and have upgraded a number of times. vBull had become "bull" as they were acquired early last year or late 2014 and if you do a bit of digging which the owners of the fishing site did they found all sorts of people talking about how the service had become the sh*ts.

Someone from vBull was there and all about them upgrading.....when things went to sh*t.....nobody was to be found. I was one of the ones who helped them look at different forum software and ultimately test Xenforo with their data etc before they went live; these guys weren't dummies and one also worked in the tech world like I do.

oh, new stuff then. i havent had mine live for few years, that use to be the issue with vb, licences were lifetime if i recall when i bought mine, but ha to pay for tech help, or something. it had just changed when i bought mine
    never even heard of that other one