Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hummingbirds

Question Hummingbirds

Has anyone been seeing the littler hummer birds in BC yet?? My wife is wondering??

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hummingbirds

I was hiking in the Skagit yesterday and didn't see one,usually more toward the end of April I think.....

It is still a little early for the little buggers to be flying around. As they feed mostly on necture I don't expect to see them until things are flowering in a rather larger way.

I haven't actually seen any yet, but I did hear the very distinctive buzzing noise they make, just last evening as I was fetching wood.
    I am certain that what I heard was a hummingbird, this was the first time this year that I have heard them.
    This was on south Vancouver Island so maybe they are not as far north as PG yet...

We get three kinds of hummingbirds,Rufous,Calliope's,and Black-chinned.Last year the first one showed on April 8th.By May I'll have 50 to 60 at my feeders.If it's a cold spring they show up late.They usually show up at Mabel Lake about the same time as the blackies come out!Cheers,Gunner

There here!! One anyway.
    Only stupid people are never wrong.

PGKris Guest

Not yet man. Three rosy finches this morning on the boat though. Spring wins!

One was snooping around my wifes flowerbed. Nothing much up yet, but she plants hummingbird friendly flowers and they're regular visitors all summer. This one must have been a regular visitor from last year, although I think some winter over here on the South Island.
    "If you see a fork in the road, take it" Yogi Berra

PGKris Guest

We had two living in the trees over the hot tub last summer. Wouldn't stop dive-bombing us! They get kind of scary after the third or fourth head-grab

I had one buzz my deck about a Month ago durring that week strech of nice weather AND another one this past weekend.

PGKris;
    Know what you mean. them little things can be RUTHLESS.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean