Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 'The truth behind the BC Trophy Grizzly Bear hunt' Thoughts

Re: 'The truth behind the BC Trophy Grizzly Bear hunt' Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    ^^^^^ While some of your critique is valid, it is lessened in both effectiveness and credibility by your frequent and rather infantile ranting about the age and "cidiot" status of others whom you do not know. As it happens, I know many highly experienced professionals in environmental biology as well as wilderness workers who live in Vancouver.

I can think of Dr. Vladimir Krajina, Dr, Ian McT.-Cowan, and several other world renowned scientists and a number of wilderness workers who live(d) here. I find your rants rather amusing, but, of very little scientific substance,

The fact that your dad was a wildlife bio. really means squat and his making it possible for you to start hunting at age 12 is also irrelevant. My late Pop was a plumbing contractor from about 1925 to 1974 and I worked with him as a youth, but, I am NOT a plumber and do not pretend that I am.

In short, what have YOU done in wilderness work/living, BC bush experience or studies in biology as individual accomplishments are what count as a basis for personal opinion. IMHO.

With that, I also find Paquet a rather "hinky" character.
    Oh sweet irony. From a guy who professes his qualifications in pretty much every post....I chuckle.

I studied business in University and in those days in the early 90's I had more biology/parasitology/wildlife knowledge than friends in the actual programs because I had spent time in the field with my Dad from the age of 5. Hunting, putting collars on animals, flying aerial surveys, doing autopsies, running hunter check stations....I'll do up a resume and put it in my sig line. You type yours all the time....mine will be easily visible.

We can only strive to meet your high, Protestant standards.

As to Jasmine....your defence of this guys spin is pretty thin. If you fail to see his spin/lean to tug at heart strings then you need a course in thinking. Make a blanket statement about something and extrapolate stats from a small portion that is not representative of the big picture....you are kind of leaving science behind and becoming a lobbyist looking for attention. (Lobbyist may not be the best term, but I caution using environmentalist)
    Last edited by MB_Boy; 01-13-2017 at 07:23 AM.

Wow this thread seems to be going in the shitter, hope Spy doesn't stop by or it is doomed. Stay on topic folks. Would like to read more on the outfitter and previous charges. Oh and Funhog, i still like you even if you cheer for the Flyers Oh and as for Jassmine the ignore button is a beautiful thing until one of you copy her posts

You are over-reacting to my point, which was not intended as a personal slight, but, as simply a caution so that your critique would be more useful. However, sonny, do as you please as I have no intention of wasting time in an internet *bashing* fest with you.

I am hardly a fan or supporter of Jassmine, as dozens of my posts here will show; I simply thought that there are better ways of challenging the comments she posts here.

As to *Protestant*, sorry, laddy, I was raised a Roman Catholic and have been a *Norse eco-pagan* for some 50 years. So, you are mistaken.

I do refer to MY actual experience,but, NOT to that of others and that is what I consider appropriate. If, you think that your knowledge-experience is greater than that of others here, well, perhaps try to post with the usage and empirical accuracy one expects of a graduate and thus allow us to share in your expertise.

You assisted me with getting a useful text on *Alces* and I appreciate that, but, your more recent posts do not equal your former level of useful, courteous commentary.

Enough, we both know who the enemy is here and in society in general.

dam, almost hired you guys, thought it turned into a job interview...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
    dam, almost hired you guys, thought it turned into a job interview...lol
    Good one!!!

You are over-reacting to my point, which was not intended as a personal slight, but, as simply a caution so that your critique would be more useful. However, sonny, do as you please as I have no intention of wasting time in an internet *bashing* fest with you.

I am hardly a fan or supporter of Jassmine, as dozens of my posts here will show; I simply thought that there are better ways of challenging the comments she posts here.

As to *Protestant*, sorry, laddy, I was raised a Roman Catholic and have been a *Norse eco-pagan* for some 50 years. So, you are mistaken.

I do refer to MY actual experience,but, NOT to that of others and that is what I consider appropriate. If, you think that your knowledge-experience is greater than that of others here, well, perhaps try to post with the usage and empirical accuracy one expects of a graduate and thus allow us to share in your expertise.

You assisted me with getting a useful text on *Alces* and I appreciate that, but, your more recent posts do not equal your former level of useful, courteous commentary.

Piper...the Flyers played last night. "Don't hate.....congratu-late".

Enough, we both know who the enemy is here and in society in general.
    I am done with this but don't think my "knowledge-experience" is greater than anyone, but I question those buried behind a textbook copying and pasting bibliographies.

Jassmine, the guy in the video who you seem to be defending/validating has used snippets to sensationalize the "Trophy Grizzly Bear Hunt" to tug at heart strings. If he wants to cite stats from the GBR, then go after the grizz hunt in the GBR....if he's going after the province then provide province wide stats.
    Last edited by MB_Boy; 01-13-2017 at 09:02 AM.

Agreed, this is WHY I ask Jassmine questions about, for example, the wolf cull in the South Selkirks. She *knows* so much about it, while I was merely born there, know the area very well and worked for F&W there.

We should fight the common enemy togather as she and certain others do NOT fool me, either.

they all do that, take bits and piece and add their dramatic words to it for more donations for their wages

Quote Originally Posted by MB_Boy View Post

Jassmine, the guy in the video who you seem to be defending/validating has used snippets to sensationalize the "Trophy Grizzly Bear Hunt" to tug at heart strings. .
    Never once did I defend anyone in any video, please show me where I defend a single video or for that matter my other request for you to show me where I said I revered one of the researchers on a paper. that was cited.

Quote Originally Posted by jassmine View Post
    Please show me where I said anyone revered him.
    Saying that someone is a good scientist does not equate to that. I've been to numerous conferences where he presented papers and have found them to be novel and well done.

But feel free to show me where I ever said anything anti-hunting. Similarly, please show me the 'twist' in the paper that you believe is bad science.
    So please don't misconstrue what I said and make it seem as though I was defending some guys video.

I said NOTHING about his paper....I said the "twist", and "spin" for that matter was in his tugging at the heart strings through his video.
    Well you clearly did say something very specific about the paper, here is your quote from post #29. You say that since Paquet is in a paper there must clearly by a twist in the science, to which I ask you to please demonstrate or outline the twist in that particular paper, despite the fact that I was never speaking about Paquet in the first place.

Interesting he's so revered amongst you young anti's. His papers may have received accolades....but all I have to see is Paquet in there and know there will be a twist.
    I'm not quite sure where this K. Artelle video is that you're referencing. My only comments on this post so far had to do with my experience with this researcher here at SFU and at conferences such as the Canadian Society of Ecology and Evolution.

Agreed, this is WHY I ask Jassmine questions about, for example, the wolf cull in the South Selkirks. She *knows* so much about it, while I was merely born there, know the area very well and worked for F&W there.
    Feel free to show me in the wolf cull thread where I said " I know so much about it" in terms of the wolf cull in South Selkirks.
    In the posts I made I was highlighting the fact that wolf culls are typically simple band aids and not solutions in and of themselves.
    Never did I reference my own personal experience or knowledge but used primary scientific literature that was looking at attributing ungulate declines to factors outside of predation.