Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'The truth behind the BC Trophy Grizzly Bear hunt' Thoughts

Hybrid View

'The truth behind the BC Trophy Grizzly Bear hunt' Thoughts

Sorry if this has been posted before, I have read some of the more recent threads about the sustainability of the Grizzly Bear hunt in BC but after seeing this video I am wondering what HBC thinks...

I found some of the claims to be total BS, such as people 'only killing for a hug and head'. I know this forum will be bias but this individual (a wildlife photographer) is throwing out some very unsual numbers and claims in the video,
    What do you guys think?

(link for anyone who hasn't seen it) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyKaCDHXigk

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 'The truth behind the BC Trophy Grizzly Bear hunt' Thoughts

I see the latest commenter posts that it is OK for trophy hunters to hunt as long as they also can be "hunted"......this rhetoric is commonplace among the radical "antis" and yet it seems that NO action is taken about it by the RCMP or the media........hhmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    I see the latest commenter posts that it is OK for trophy hunters to hunt as long as they also can be "hunted"......this rhetoric is commonplace among the radical "antis" and yet it seems that NO action is taken about it by the RCMP or the media........hhmmmmm.
    These dummies talk mad shit. Anti's are the worst! They can't back there play though, a pack of pansies. As such, no one takes their posts seriously. Sure would come in handy to be able to link such a post to one that tried! LOL

So many flaws in his arguments from taxpayers "subsidizing a hunt that they oppose" to looking at ONE study in ONE area of BC being the Great Bear Rainforest. How many grizz tags are issued in that area? No sh*t the revenue and benefits from eco-tourism/bear viewing in THAT area is going to be higher as there is not a ton of tags issued.

Is he talking the entire Great Bear Rainforest area....or specific areas?

He is criticizing the province as a whole, perhaps present viewing versus hunting revenue for grizz in the province as a whole? One can excerpt from a unique area, not present all the facts and jump in front of a camera a spew off.

Sadly, that is consistently the "modus operandi" of the "greens" and since we are largely an urban nation, even in small northern towns for the past few decades, most folks accept and believe these liars.

I think he's showing us what we should be doing.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

hes also claimed to work with bio guys an dnr..i emailed...no he doesnt, staight up lier

lol, here his researcher he has from one of the top univercities...lol, names re on top of the paper he showed

Kyle artell ...aka...raincoast protester

http://kyleartelle.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
    lol, here his researcher he has from one of the top univercities...lol, names re on top of the paper he showed

Kyle artell ...aka...raincoast protester

http://kyleartelle.ca/
    Kyle is actually a pretty darn good researcher. I've met him many times and have lab mates that know him personally and have been both hunting and fishing with him. Beyond that I can't say much about people from Raincoast but the three that I know are active hunters and fisher folk.
    He also won the Canadian Society of Ecology and Evolution's Diversity and excellence in graduate research award (I know because my labmate was hoping to win)

His paper on uncertainty in grizzly bear management was one of the best papers of the year in 2013 (featured in Nature and other science magazines):
    Artelle, K. A., Anderson, S. C., Cooper, A. B., Paquet, P. C., Reynolds, J. D., & Darimont, C. T. (2013). Confronting uncertainty in wildlife management: performance of grizzly bear management. PloS one, 8(11), e78041.

With two of his papers come up quite frequently in Mark Boyce's Scientific Review of Grizzly Bear Harvest Management System in British Columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by jassmine View Post
    Kyle is actually a pretty darn good researcher. I've met him many times and have lab mates that know him personally and have been both hunting and fishing with him. Beyond that I can't say much about people from Raincoast but the three that I know are active hunters and fisher folk.
    He also won the Canadian Society of Ecology and Evolution's Diversity and excellence in graduate research award (I know because my labmate was hoping to win)

His paper on uncertainty in grizzly bear management was one of the best papers of the year in 2013 (featured in Nature and other science magazines):
    Artelle, K. A., Anderson, S. C., Cooper, A. B., Paquet, P. C., Reynolds, J. D., & Darimont, C. T. (2013). Confronting uncertainty in wildlife management: performance of grizzly bear management. PloS one, 8(11), e78041.

With two of his papers come up quite frequently in Mark Boyce's Scientific Review of Grizzly Bear Harvest Management System in British Columbia.
    lol, id expect you to like him. both antihunters. kinda obvious isn it? hes full of it an a lier