Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Killers of BCs Moose

Hybrid View

Re: Killers of BCs Moose

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
    the conservation shut down would be last resort, after residence first, then guides, then conservation
    Yes, that would be correct, I think we are there now, I simply wanted to point out that there are options and there is no
    "right that is absolute" and there are options. If the FN choose not to obey the law then they can/will be charged.
    If the courts are reluctant to enforce with deterring penalties then thats another problem.

2. Site Sponsor

ya they did that this past summer on the fraser for the salmon, worst sockeye return in 120 years. didnt stop them at all.
    61 gill nets and 18 vessels seized in couple months, Sixteen individuals, all caught using gill nets, have been issued appearance notices and have subsequently been charged with offences under the fisheries act and are currently awaiting trial.

and i dont see them stopping for animals either

The big question is what did the 11 cow moose with the undiagnosed cause of death die from?
    That being known could change the picture....big time.

a start is enforcing. something that has been lacking that ive seen personaly, maybe once the court start seeing the change, then maybe the court system will change and not play favourtism also,,,kinda doubt that will ever happen though unfortunatly, to much politicly correct crap and our gov scared of the race card

1899 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
    a start is enforcing. something that has been lacking that ive seen personaly, maybe once the court start seeing the change, then maybe the court system will change and not play favourtism also,,,kinda doubt that will ever happen though unfortunatly, to much politicly correct crap and our gov scared of the race card
    http://bc.ctvnews.ca/first-nations-l...d-elk-1.575182

ya ive seen that, and others. more on other news and not our bc news outlet though..lol
    theirs a few, not enough though

Bonz::

"all the public see`s in that unlicened, is white man no being licenced and full on poacher."

I can't disagree. I'm just saying that now that the term has entered the conversation as a result of scientific studies on moose numbers we can start talking about it more easily. When you ask a non-hunter what it means and they say "some white guy without a license" you can ask "And not FN traditional harvest, which is currently not monitored, but which should be in order to help conservation?".

Same question can be asked to the reporter processing the story.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    Bonz::

"all the public see`s in that unlicened, is white man no being licenced and full on poacher."

I can't disagree. I'm just saying that now that the term has entered the conversation as a result of scientific studies on moose numbers we can start talking about it more easily. When you ask a non-hunter what it means and they say "some white guy without a license" you can ask "And not FN traditional harvest, which is currently not monitored, but which should be in order to help conservation?".

Same question can be asked to the reporter processing the story.
    ya, at least its been slipped in their. time to make it clear on meanings now. and a few others i read in that and the moose recomendations, i see alot of open, vague info there on enforcing on their end

What needs to be done can't because of the public sentiment. Somehow this has to be changed I am at a loss as how to achieve this. It is a battle for common peoples minds.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    What needs to be done can't because of the public sentiment. Somehow this has to be changed I am at a loss as how to achieve this. It is a battle for common peoples minds.
    It's a tough one.
    I beleive there's hope of something coming together but for it to work it'll take a lot more players at the table than the BCWF and government.
    Some of the participants needed are either not fully on track or on their own agenda.