Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Killers of BCs Moose

Re: Killers of BCs Moose

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
    well if the "unlicened are not native, then they missed a massive hole in thier report then...once again.
    Their is always the Massive hole they don't want to count.

Anything the government does is all propaganda and deception, i don't believe their studies one bit!

This report just seems way off base and biased against BCRH.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    Lots of "why don't they" in the replies. For my perspective this is a shared resource, owned by everyone in BC.

If I got a vote and a question for all the people in the thread it would be: How do WE make more moose?
    simple solution is to reduce predation by reducing wolf numbers. Any strategy must have wolf population management paramount.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    simple solution is to reduce predation by reducing wolf numbers. Any strategy must have wolf population management paramount.
    This is so very true.

Exactly bring back the govt run predator control 1080, strychnine the works. I personally don't have a problem with a private company predator control but this province seems to loath privatization of anything. Manage the works, predators and game based on science and facts. No PC bull crap one way or the other. Wildlife, habitat, predator, prey, forests, timber, water and fish, all of it managed based on science without appeasing interest groups one way or the other. That'd be such a breath of fresh air I'd probably shit bricks
    "I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six"

I agree with wolf population management.

The study didn't account for calf numbers. (at least, I didn't see that they tagged calves, I could be wrong)

I personally thing that the abundance of black bears is a major factor in the reduction of moose numbers.

An increase to 4 bears a year, and not having to remove the the meat from the bush would greatly help out our calf moose (calf elk and deer fawns as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky77_ View Post
    Their is always the Massive hole they don't want to count.
    funny from reading all the moose management ideas they dont see to concerned about native hunts at all. admit the reporting and hunting has issues. but i didnt realy read any hard action to be taken on them. just the rest of us. and seem to talk to the native the most for recomendations in that report...
    way i see this is their slowly taking it all from anyone else. maybe thats what keeper of the land means, keep for themselves.
    once again, another wasted chunk of cash and resources, till everyone is counted equal, non of this will ever be solved

simple solution that would expos the biggest issue in my view, 1 dam law, or at least accountability to native harvests, till thats done, its all lip service
    being teased hat crap is ok with little fixes here n there.
    and till we come out and tart exposing the crap and what realy goes on out there, nothing will get solved. were the ones being thrown under the bus for ALL poaching or non licenced huntings, general public sees us as he problem, and the others as the group trying to stop that. and once again, this report side step that

and the wolf issues

It is a resource for all citizens of te province, the govt has set their agenda and priority. Our only concern must be how to grow and retain more moose.
    "I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six"