Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Killers of BCs Moose

Re: Killers of BCs Moose

Recruitment is the primary issue.The lack of recruitment leads to an older population. High cow mortality is a symptom of this.

If there was good recruitment all the management scenarios would still work.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    Hmmm, eight moose were killed by unlicenced hunters, now, WHO would they be?????

We MUST change the policies and institute EQUAL access/laws for ALL and rigidly enforce this.

If, I see a "poacher", my reaction might well be "traditional".
    Unlicensed hunters are POACHERS.
    BCWF knows this, and it if where the Natives they would say that too.

Oh reading that burns my butt. You work hard all your life , your taxes pay their wages. Sorry it's to early to get me started. Just packing to leave for camping trip. Breathe deep and refocus.

well if the "unlicened are not native, then they missed a massive hole in thier report then...once again.

Lots of "why don't they" in the replies. For my perspective this is a shared resource, owned by everyone in BC.

If I got a vote and a question for all the people in the thread it would be: How do WE make more moose?
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    Lots of "why don't they" in the replies. For my perspective this is a shared resource, owned by everyone in BC.

If I got a vote and a question for all the people in the thread it would be: How do WE make more moose?
    Repair and restore the habitat. Curtail and enforce access issues. Go back to government run predator control with a target level of predators managed based on science. Excess predators removed by govt trapper/poison control. I'd also be in favour of more "real time" for lack of a better term management, ie if there's a sever winter, or moose count shows low survival, then seasons are amended before the fall season.

Thats my uneducated solution. Interested to see how it's handled in real life.
    "I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six"

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    Boy, you sure sling the racist slurs, eh! I can recall you calling me a "stupid whiteman" and several other such racist, bigoted and offensive slurs in your posts.

Funny, given your supposed "concern" over racism.........
    Holy Shit! I guess I'm a Racist too? Any other immigrants on here I can offend???

I believe the number 1 issue to be dealt with is access. Deactivating roads after reforestation would be a huge improvement.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by M.Dean View Post
    Holy Shit! I guess I'm a Racist too? Any other immigrants on here I can offend???
    I seem to recall that you posted some time ago, that you are from Mennonite ancestry? If so, I would be a bit cautious about calling others born here "immigrants", but, I expect such ignorance from you.

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    Unlicensed hunters are POACHERS.
    BCWF knows this, and it if where the Natives they would say that too.
    Im not sure they would. Unlicensed hunters isn't a great description in my opinion.