Well I dont know anybody who has shot a collared animal... I have seen yota pass on collared animal, I have, and so has my dad... in addition if you know a surveys going on and your a unregulated resale hunter your not going to pop a colared animal. If your a poacher not hiding behind blood line you definately will not shoot a collared animal if you can see it... multiple reasons, negative data, get caught, tainted meat.

That said I would like to see some data on herbicide spray killing decidous... I am not the only hunter that will vacate a spray zone to find a moose...

My findings in region 3 and 8 are pretty simple beattle kill, =access=dead moose. No winter range. These thing dont migrate like deer and it can be nasty up there without timber. Not to mention only sanctuarys become ravines which become wolf highways.

Back to whonnock boys question I will bet a years wages the outcome would be different with a chip than a collar. Can t see a hip tell its hung for a few days stopped moving and gone cold...track that.