Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fish and Game Club vs Billionaire over access

Re: Fish and Game Club vs Billionaire over access

Quote Originally Posted by Meatatarian View Post
    Why haven't we asked the natives for help with this? I have read several comments about this on other web sites. Running question in all of them is why not ask the natives for help. And they have a point. I read a comment from a merrit First Nation. Here's the quote

im first nations and all of douglas lake property is my traditional territory, they catch me in there all the time and cant do crap i just chukkle tell them my name and statice number and they start pouting its unfair

the natives have already proven that the corporations can't take that right away from them. If we PAY the licensing fees that we do, then we should have the same right to access CROWN LAND.
    Verygooodpoint...

Why haven't we asked the natives for help with this? I have read several comments about this on other web sites. Running question in all of them is why not ask the natives for help. And they have a point. I read a comment from a merrit First Nation. Here's the quote

im first nations and all of douglas lake property is my traditional territory, they catch me in there all the time and cant do crap i just chukkle tell them my name and statice number and they start pouting its unfair

the natives have already proven that the corporations can't take that right away from them. If we PAY the licensing fees that we do, then we should have the same right to access CROWN LAND.
    and how/why would the Natives help?

from that comment by the person quoted id say they dont care about the land and do what they want under thier cards.

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    and how/why would the Natives help?
    Yeah I agree. I am not really sure it would work in their best interests to have a judge rule that public access take priority over private (read "treaty") lands

Um... I think you need to go back to school. Traditional hunting grounds are just how fish and game gets te natives to hunt smaller areas. They get a map just like we get maps of our regions. Treaty lands were deeded to the natives. They have legal ownership. CROWN LAND is crown land. Like I said the natives hunt and fish up there and they don't get stopped because the natives have already won these fights in court. Crown land belongs to Canadians! Look it up. The British parlement stated when Canada became its own country that the ownership of its resources and wealth did not have successive ownership. OUR FORESTS are not actually the crowns! They haven't been owned by the queen since the 30s. Our government still operates on the same system so the name never changed!!!! Crown land is Canadian land! ANYTHING THAT IS NOT PRIVATELY OWNED! You people keep getting caught up on spelling errors(metafor) when we are reading about our future ability to even take a ****ing hike with our children!!!!!!!! For the Canadian government to AT ANY LEVEL allow an AMERICAN OF ANY STATURE, TO HAVE ARRESTED AND CHARGED! A CANADIAN CITIZEN! For FISHING! ON A PUBLIC BODY OF WATER. IS TREASON.

If I had enough money to buy a ranch or 3 in Texas. And then I felt that I had a right to call the lake beside my ranch mine. Would I get away with stoping texans from fishing in that lake?
    if you even thought about saying yes to that statement; your a moron. Do society a favor and wake up or go swallow one.

To to anyone else who realizes how important this is. I invite you to start getting friends and family to use twitter and Instagram. I hate to say it but it seems to work better then the news.
    Maybe if we make Americans aware of what a scumbag Stan Kroenke is, maybe we can affect game turnouts.

Um... I think you need to go back to school. Traditional hunting grounds are just how fish and game gets te natives to hunt smaller areas. They get a map just like we get maps of our regions. Treaty lands were deeded to the natives. They have legal ownership. CROWN LAND is crown land. Like I said the natives hunt and fish up there and they don't get stopped because the natives have already won these fights in court. Crown land belongs to Canadians! Look it up. The British parlement stated when Canada became its own country that the ownership of its resources and wealth did not have successive ownership. OUR FORESTS are not actually the crowns! They haven't been owned by the queen since the 30s. Our government still operates on the same system so the name never changed!!!! Crown land is Canadian land! ANYTHING THAT IS NOT PRIVATELY OWNED! You people keep getting caught up on spelling errors(metafor) when we are reading about our future ability to even take a ****ing hike with our children!!!!!!!! For the Canadian government to AT ANY LEVEL allow an AMERICAN OF ANY STATURE, TO HAVE ARRESTED AND CHARGED! A CANADIAN CITIZEN! For FISHING! ON A PUBLIC BODY OF WATER. IS TREASON.

If I had enough money to buy a ranch or 3 in Texas. And then I felt that I had a right to call the lake beside my ranch mine. Would I get away with stoping texans from fishing in that lake?
    if you even thought about saying yes to that statement; your a moron. Do society a favor and wake up or go swallow one.

To to anyone else who realizes how important this is. I invite you to start getting friends and family to use twitter and Instagram. I hate to say it but it seems to work better then the news.
    Maybe if we make Americans aware of what a scumbag Stan Kroenke is, maybe we can affect game turnouts.
    Nice rant . You need to pull your head out of the sand and have a look at what's been going on in regard to Native "rights" .. you are a few years(decades?) out of touch .
    I would agree that this (the original OP post) is very important to all of us and believe the Merrit club is in the right

Meataterian, you have a good point about working together on this issue, however the rest of it is just junk.
    You can't hunt on private property period.
    Now maybe Douglas lake ranch negotiated some sort of a deal for access by first nations.
    That's entirely possible that bc government gave them some sort of a break in return for allowing access to the ranch lands.
    There is a whole thing about property taxes and zoning shit that goes on.
    Douglas lake probably pays taxes as a ranch even though ranching is a small percentage of their business. Most of their land sits idle while they graze their cattle on public land.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

It's possible that government gave them a signal to **** us on the lake front in exchange for access for first nations to the entire property.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

LOL..good one.

While crown land has been the letter of the law for 200 + years since the BNA Act, current SCC sentiment has been very clear in its direction with dozens of landmark decisions and it appears that the highest court in the country does not agree with you. If the courts were to follow the letter of the law, as we all wish they would, there would be no need for this discussion. I have no issue with what you want to see happen, but that horse has already escaped. With regards to your idea of Twitter and Instagram? really? Ooooohhh that'll certainly terrify the FN's. I'll bet they are quivering in their proverbial moccasins as we madly Twitter away and they have the SCC in their back pocket........

BTW your statement "your a moron" ........now that is just too funny.........